or Connect

Posts by kpluck

You may wish to look up the definition of "sycophant" before you use it again. It will save you some embarrassment. And for the record, I never said Apple, through Foxconn employed child labor. I simply wondered how the woman would feel if they did and there was photographic evidence. -kpluck
Really? I wonder what would happen to her heart if she saw a picture of children their age working a 14 hour shift to assemble iPads? -kpluck
My thoughts as well. It seems to me if you are going to have a data plan with caps then everything that uses data should be no extra charge, other than the data the services used out of your monthly allocation. Tethering, texting, email, web browsing, etc., should all be free but the data they use would apply to your cap. Hopefully, I can resist upgrading my iPhone when the 4G comes out. I will start shopping for Android phones on another carrier. I love my iPhone. AT&T...
I can't believe the number of people that are responding with "nice article." It is horribly distorted and inaccurate. Apparently the goal was a "history repeats itself" type story, truth be dammed.
Plus most people choose to ignore the fact that Apple promised 64 bit carbon and then a year later decided they weren't going to do it after all. If Apple had said carbon was dead when they promised a 64 bit version, CS4 probably would have been done in cocoa. There was a screwed up version of a Sun Tzu quote that I hear from time to time, "Never press a desperate enemy," which is exactly what Steve Jobs is doing. "But what can Adobe do?" you ask, simple, make Flash open...
The only downside I see is that Apple will probably require that all restaurants and movies be approved before being included in their version of Siri's app. -kpluck
So in addition limiting what apps you can install on your Apple devices, now they have decided that how the apps are developed is also their business. I am sorry, this is just plain silly. I see the mobile market going to same way as the desktop market. Apple will do well, making a nice living off the drones that don't mind their draconian operating practices, meanwhile the bulk of the market will go to other companies that don't want to act as your nanny. -kpluck
LOL. Cracking up at all the posters that think the software is going to be released on April 8th.
Ok, lets be clear, this was staged. There is no way they would have coffee in a public place, outdoors no less, by accident. They knew people would see and probably even take a picture or two. Whatever the reason why, we can let the conspiracy theorists discuss that, this event was done on purpose to make it seem like the companies are on better terms than recently described in the press. -kpluck
Yep, like prisoners serving life sentences. I stopped being an organ donor years ago in protest because they give prisoners, even ones serving life sentences, organ transplants. Until California changes the law to allow potential donors to specify their organs not go to prisoners, I will not be a donor. -kpluck