or Connect

Posts by kpluck

I am guessing the people that approved the budget for the program obtained their math skills from somewhere within the LAUSD. -kpluck
 I am sure those complaining about the lack of internal storage on the new Mac Pro were aware there was going to be expensive external Thunderbolt solutions available. This is why they were complaining about the lack of internal storage. There are many use cases where inexpensive internal drives are a far better solution for day to day work leaving inexpensive external solutions for onsite/offsite backup needs. The new Mac Pros are fantastic machines and I believe they...
His experience at designing overpriced hardware should help him fit in nicely at Tesla. -kpluck
 That is a factually incorrect statement. -kpluck
I am surprised there isn't more talk about about these new devices not having Touch ID. That seems like major omission to me.   -kpluck
 Apple's computer business is very profitable because they limit choice and upgradability. This forces consumers to buy more hardware than they need for fear of getting something that doesn't meet their needs in the future. It also saves Apple a lot of money in regards to manufacturing. It is anti-consumer to be sure but it is pro-profit and shareholders love it. Sure, they could allow build-to-order options so that a customer could get a single, consumer grade GPU or even...
So, a non-story then.
Developers were, of course, already doing this. But Apple knows websites will publish information like this treating it as news when it reality it is just Apple generating free publicity for the upcoming launch. -kpluck

...and it didn't come out of beta until 2013. Makes me think of what Apple will release and won't get right in the new few years.  -kpluck