or Connect

Posts by kpluck

That is a factually incorrect statement. -kpluck
I am surprised there isn't more talk about about these new devices not having Touch ID. That seems like major omission to me.   -kpluck
 Apple's computer business is very profitable because they limit choice and upgradability. This forces consumers to buy more hardware than they need for fear of getting something that doesn't meet their needs in the future. It also saves Apple a lot of money in regards to manufacturing. It is anti-consumer to be sure but it is pro-profit and shareholders love it. Sure, they could allow build-to-order options so that a customer could get a single, consumer grade GPU or even...
So, a non-story then.
Developers were, of course, already doing this. But Apple knows websites will publish information like this treating it as news when it reality it is just Apple generating free publicity for the upcoming launch. -kpluck

...and it didn't come out of beta until 2013. Makes me think of what Apple will release and won't get right in the new few years.  -kpluck
LOL..it will probably just be smaller and ship without a remote with the expectation that you would have to use your iOS device to control it. Of course a remote will be available for an extra charge of $29.95.   -kpluck
Well, since Apple doesn't produce a device that we can say is copying Samsung in this manner your statement is rather silly. It gets even more silly if you are contending that Samsung made the first 5"+ screen size phone, because it didn't. And finally, the silly meter will be absolutely pegged if you are saying that Samsung pioneered the idea of making a larger screen version of a device that uses a screen. -kpluck
Who called it innovative? Well the problem with these watches is that companies will try to do too much with them before the technology allows it to be done right. Take this watch for example, over on Engadget they called sluggish and awkward. The watch should simply tell the time and act as a notification screen for the connected device. Nothing more. Keeping such a limited feature set should allow the watch to be smaller, get good battery life and have a simple/elegant...