or Connect

Posts by kpluck

LOL..it will probably just be smaller and ship without a remote with the expectation that you would have to use your iOS device to control it. Of course a remote will be available for an extra charge of $29.95.   -kpluck
Well, since Apple doesn't produce a device that we can say is copying Samsung in this manner your statement is rather silly. It gets even more silly if you are contending that Samsung made the first 5"+ screen size phone, because it didn't. And finally, the silly meter will be absolutely pegged if you are saying that Samsung pioneered the idea of making a larger screen version of a device that uses a screen. -kpluck
Who called it innovative? Well the problem with these watches is that companies will try to do too much with them before the technology allows it to be done right. Take this watch for example, over on Engadget they called sluggish and awkward. The watch should simply tell the time and act as a notification screen for the connected device. Nothing more. Keeping such a limited feature set should allow the watch to be smaller, get good battery life and have a simple/elegant...
 Everyone I know that has one does put it in their pocket, at least the Galaxy Note 2. Assuming the sensor is something third parties can support, Apple's would have far greater impact by nature of the number of units that would ship with it which would greatly encourage 3rd party support. Unless Samsung makes an announcement that their sensor was going on all their phones and they would be immediately updated, I don't think it would have much of an impact on the...
  The lenses come with their own sensors. Did you not read the article or do you just not understand it?   -kpluck
  Fixed that for you.   -kpluck
  The problem is, the more they add to the AppleTV, the more the user interface shows its weaknesses. Of the icons that litter my Apple TV home screen, I only use 4 regularly. I really wish I could hide the ones I don't use, they are just pointless clutter. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.   For a company that has a reputation for UI design, I am amazed that the interface for the Apple TV is as bad as it is.   -kpluck
It would have been a huge mistake for Apple to try to keep its "culture" the same without Steve Jobs at helm. He was a unique individual and he ran the company in a unique way. If Tim Cook had taken over the job with the attitude of trying to run it "Steve's way" it simply wouldn't have worked.   That being said, the jury is still out on Tim Cook. Apple Maps in iOS 6 was a warning sign. It was troubling that he was so disconnected from a major new feature of iOS that...
  ROFL...stale? If Android is stale, what is the iPhone? Mummified?   -kpluck
  I disagree. I think the idea of making the edges thinner while losing a useful feature, the optical drive, was a great idea. Add to that, putting all the ports and the card reader on the back of the machine was inspired. It will take years for Apple's competition to adopt these ideas.   "But what about the Mac Mini" you say? Simple, make it even smaller and reduce its performance where possible. Oh, and don't neglect the awful keyboard and mouse, I am sure there are...