or Connect

Posts by kpluck

Pretty much what I was thinking as well. Maybe AI should stick to reporting news rather than coming up with their own editorial content. It really doesn't seem to be their area of expertise.   -kpluck
If Apple, and other American companies, pledged to start moving business to other countries China would crack down on this crap pretty fast. Money talks.   -kpluck
  Unfortunately for Apple, it will also take sales away from the iPhone. Personally, I moved to a HTC DNA instead of upgrading to an iPhone 5 when my iPhone 4 contract was up. Chances are, I won't be back using an iOS phone, ever.   iOS is clearly easier to use than Android. No argument there. However, it is far more flexible/powerful as long as the end user doen't mind putting a little, and I do mean "little", effort into learning Android.   In addition to software...
I would echo others comments, advertising and promotions should be clearly labeled as such and not mixed in with editorial content. -kpluck
  I have no doubt it would do more than standard watch type functions. I would expect it to have bluetooth so that you can see notifications from your iPhone or iPad for example.   And I guarantee it is coming. Otherwise Apple wouldn't have bothered to change the form factor of the iPod Nano.   -kpluck
  Yeah, I have a feeling the author was trying to come off funny but it just made him sound like a unprofessional d-bag IMHO.   -kpluck
The title is misleading, does she want "immigration reform" or does she want the "Dream Act?" I would get behind the Dream Act if, as part of the qualifications for taking part in the program, the parent(s) that brought the child illegally into the US were deported and agreed to never return. Of course, that will won't happen because everyone knows once the child becomes a citizen the parents, by official policy, will never be deported. -kpluck
  Sorry, no. I am not sure there is an official definition of "phablet" but I do know that 4.8" is not it. The Galaxy S3 has a 4.8" screen and I have never seen/heard of anyone calling it phablet.         Some of that could simply be phone design and not screen size. For instance, the HTC DNA with a 5" screen is the same width as the Galaxy S3 with its smaller screen.   -kpluck
A cheaper iPhone isn't Apple's only problem. The iOS user interface is getting rather long in the tooth, they need to fix that. Having more than one screen size is also a necessity. Plus, they need to stop selling the older versions. An iPhone 5 with a 4" screen for the low end, and one with AT LEAST a 5" screen on the high end.   They might even want to consider adding full phone capabilities to the iPad Mini with the idea that people would be using a bluetooth...
I am curious how this line in the job description "Technical knowledge of WiFi (802.11a,b,g, ac) and Ethernet network environments", turns into the headline "802.11ac Gigabit Wi-Fi experts sought by Apple"? Judging by the listing, 802.11ac knowledge is no more important than any of the other requirements they listed. Gotta get those clicks? -kpluck