or Connect

Posts by thompr

If I recall correctly, Ming-Chi Kuo made a series of predictions one year about what the new Apple devices would be like when they were announced in the fall, and he nailed just about every detail.  He used his connections in the supply chain to come up with his accurate predictions.  He still has those connections, but his predictions have underwhelmed since that one successful event.  Perhaps Apple identified those weaknesses and started leaking a bit of...
True about the rates being equal, but this surprises me a little bit.  Considering that Huberty seemed to base her conclusions off of data that indicates increasing demand as well as the fact that her time frame includes holiday seasons in the West as well as the Far East, I would have expected her average monthly rate to be higher than Kuo's.  Perhaps she has a dimmer view of shipments in the early months due to the supply constraints.  It would be interesting to see...
Yes, but how many of those 40 have "intent to purchase" and might have already done so if not for the super-duper long wait times related to the significant supply constraints?  You can't just extrapolate from the 3 out of 40 under these early conditions.   Note that we would only need about 7 out of 40 to equate to Huberty's assumed percentage.  Maybe 4 more of your colleagues would be "sporting" those watches right now if the wait times weren't so long.  Maybe some have...
 The estimated ship dates are provided to the customer even before (s)he presses the "buy" button.  That is the only "expectation" that Apple set.  Have they missed that estimate for you?
I too am an Apple shareholder (not that it matters, but just replying to you) that ordered an SG in the wee hours of April 10th.  Since I had an original ship date of May 13-27 and I am still waiting for shipment to begin, then anyone with a ship date of late May/June is not going to get theirs in the next few days at least, and maybe longer.
I will be happy to leave my wallet & iPhone in my briefcase in the car while I go into the convenience store for my morning soda and beef jerky (or whatever).  No more fishing for me. Different people.  Different lifestyles.  Different use cases.
That is undoubtedly true, but it doesn't completely explain why a friend of mine got his 42mm Space Grey Sport delivered early while I am still waiting for the same model.  We had the same quoted ship dates (May 13 -27) but he ordered his a couple of minutes earlier and got his 2 weeks ago.  I think that Space Grey 42mm was especially supply constrained but Apple is modifying its delivery plan as it goes along, in order to bring more countries online, etc.  Mind you, I'm...
I ordered mine just about as quickly as I could after midnight on April 10th, and I'm still waiting.  A friend that used the AppleStore app instead of Safari to order his watch (Space Grey Sport with Black Sport Band, identical to mine) ordered his a couple minutes before I did, because apparently you were able to get into the store earlier that night if you used the app rather than using the Web. We both received the same initial ship date:  May 13-27.  However, his was...
 That was both a snarky and an ignorant comment.
True statements, but you seem to be implying a conclusion without actually saying it.  The conclusion that is implied (to me) by your words is that Apple, starting from scratch, will have a much harder time breaking into the high-end vehicle market than the markets that they have broken into before.  I tend to agree, but I would note that Tesla appears to be doing a fine job starting from scratch and with far less resources than Apple could bring to bear.  If your overall...