or Connect

Posts by ajmas

Tim is an American citizen, standing up for what he believes in, in a country where he is resident and has voting rights. To get involved in other countries laws would be complicated at best. Sometimes you have to pick your battles.
We may see an adjustment of the MacBook line next year, with the MacBook Air being replace by the MacBook 13". It would be more of a rebranding with style adjustments. One advantage of not overhauling the MacBook Air too much this year is giving the new MacBook a clear product categorisation, and selling point, and testing the acceptance of the device before doing the same things to the MacBook Air line. 
I am hoping that the new MacBook USB-C connector will be the same story as the original iMac USB connector. Basically the handicap will be the driving factor to get third parties making hardware to fill in the gap and then this will be picked up both other computer makers. Given this connector is not Apple specific, and may be tempting for other "Ultrabook" manufacturers, there may be incentive to create a product base that can be used by other computer systems. Also,...
One of the challenges, like any survey opened up to a large group of people, is ensuring data quality. There are going to be those that will want to game the system and therefore skew data. For this reason, an extra step will be needed in any analysis to ensure the extra noise is filtered out, where possible. Don't get me wrong, I like the concept and anything that increases coverage is good, but it shouldn't be taken as a magic bullet - there will still be some curating...
I don't think they can afford to remove it, since people would be up in arms for existing stuff. Hopefully the move will only impact new and maintained stuff.
I am no audiophile, so I would make do with the best average. At the same time, a proper test would spell out all components used in the test, including: - headphones used - music used and mastering condition of music - location which the test was performed in To be fair you need something that shows minimal external interference. Mastering of music, from what I understand, can shift the audio to something good for one type of source type, to something that just ruins a...
I am wondering the same. Hopefully it is not relegated to some service entrance? Then again, I would be curious how many of the Apple stores are properly accessible to wheel chair access?
Given the success of the ARM, I am curious as to why Intel doesn't join the fray? I can imagine a number of reasons, but the main ones is fear of diluting their offering and branding? At the same time where are Intel's serious competitors to the ARM's benefit of more processing capability per megawatt. Even datacenters are going to want to cut their power usage at some point, while maintaining processing capability.
@jason98: Flash strength is only part of the problem. Flash position is the other. Flash works best when it is offset from the subject, rather than being directed directly on the subject. Having the flash as a separate unit allows for it be directed as needed. Also, the battery requirements for a flash unit are generally a consideration.
Does anyone know if Google Wallet or ApplePay have any plans to support debit cards?