or Connect

Posts by ajmas

For those of you with Intel Macs, who would want to run MS-Windows, without dual booting there is Parallels Workstation: http://www.parallels.com/
The trick in any corporation writing this sort of response letter is balancing out the legal requirements, that the common litigating trolls in the system force on companies, and providing good PR. Its hard to know what to put into this sort of response letter. In most cases these letters will be read by people with a bit more life experience to realise that shit happens. But in this case a young girl was confronted with a letter that in many ways was not tailored for...
The VPN market is certainly something they need to start taking into account. I can download a free Windows Remote Desktop client, for Mac or PC and use it to access my PC at work. On the other hand I can't do the same with the Apple Remote Desktop, since I need to buy both components, that is client and server Until then I will use VNC.
One thing that needs to everyone here: are you using an Apple Mac for the hardware, the OS, or both? I know I am using it for both. If I really wanted to spend my time running Windows, then I wouldn't need the Apple hardware. I like the way my system runs, that it is quick to go to sleep and wake up. Last thing I want to do is use Windows, unless I have some dire emergency. You'll see me grumbling to the developer of the software if I do find myself having to do that,...
Supported as in works with, not as in we will help you.
Not too much of a risky game. If Apple hadn't done it someone else would have. At least by Apple doing it they have a chance of winning some good will points. Apple is a hardware manufacturer above all, even if they do have one of the nicest OSs out there, IMHO.
Given that Apple orginally indicated that this might be possible in their speech, I suspecting that this was a planned feature. At the same time while important, it was probably not given a priority, since there were probably enough issues to work out as it was.
Moral of the story: use Intel for the CPU, but don't depend on them for anything else. The sort of problems they are having sound very PC like, and I don't want PC like problems in a Mac.
In some strange way I actually hope this does go through. The reason being that this would give us the chance to see how a market with 'open' DRM might prosper. The big players might not want to compete there, but there might be a few small players willing to take the risk.
I'm surprised that the music lables did not allow Apple to have an ANZ (Australia, New Zealand) licensing agreement, since in many ways New Zealand depends on Australia for much of its direct imports.