or Connect

Posts by ajmas

Maybe Apple needs to rate its media events, so that people know whether to get excited or not, otherwise you have some journalist expecting every presentation Apple makes to be something special.
Yes and no. There will always be people willing to put up with ads, for 'free' content and others who just want to watch what they want without having to put up with adverts. The truth is this gives the media companies the ability of trying to please everyone and still make money at the same time. The only thing is that they want to stop me recording a show on TV, just because I couldn't be there to see it at the time.
I have a friend who is tempted to buy a PowerMac G5, for running Maya, though he has the choice of 2.3GHz and the 2.5GHz. The are exactly the same except for the processor and the front side bus. Yet there is a difference in price of $1000 CAD, which brings it slightly past his budget. How much of a difference does the 0.2GHz difference work out in real world applications, such as Maya? Is it worth breaking the bank?
Why not make a phone that support's both, unless Apple has applied some sort of limitation there?
cmoney: what VPN client is it? Maybe there is an alernative?
Having WINE ported to the Mac is great news. At the same time I hope it won't stop companies making an effort to port to the Mac. I say this because Windows offers a different user experience in terms of UI design and in the way things are used. I would consider WINE as a stop-gap solution and not an excuse for companies not porting their software. If I ever hear a company say 'well why not use WINE to run our software?', as an excsuse for not doiing the work. I will...
I wrote to Equinux, the company develops VPN tracker, and this is a reply they gave me: "Aventail is using SSL encapsulation, we are using IPSec, these two are worlds apart. IPSec is several layers lower than SSL and works completely differently. So this is a no go." Its what I suspected, but at least I know for sure.
I have tried disk utility, but without much luck.
Well if the UI is password protected, then it posses no more risk than having to use the 'proper' tool to access it. Also the UI doesn't suffer if Apple doesn't decide to update the "OS X" based update tool.
Does anyone know how I can view the PC section of a CD-ROM? I have a CD that has both software for the Mac and the PC, but I can only see the Mac stuff on my Mac. I want to be able to get at the PC stuff without having to resort to a PC. Any ideas?