or Connect

Posts by ajmas

May the best player win On a side note, I just hope this will encourage Apple to make the iPod a more open platform. Then again the only thing making it a closed platform is the DRM issues: music is sold by various online stores with DRM and none are compatible.
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if these entities have the same procedures in place.
That is one issue I would like to see fixed. This is one place where MacOS X needs some work.
I would be curious to know which other products, from companies other than Apple, will be affected?
Worse than that, is the readers who also believe its a serious newspaper
Its said often that Apple has DRM on its music because of big media. Fair enough. This got me wondering whether an independent music label can ask Apple to sell its music without DRM, much in the same way that eMusic? If they can't then Apple has more to answer for than orginally though. I would be curious if anyone manages to get an answer to this question.
Apple is the focus because they are the most dominent company selling digital downloadable music online. The focus should include the media companies and the restrictions they require. Apple is playing along because it is in their interest (they make money), and they are probably being very careful not to upset big media. On the other hand I would be curious whether an independent label can ask Apple to sell its music without DRM on it? If the answer is no, then Apple...
It may be unfair that the celebraties are getting free Macs, but just see it as cheap advertising. In most cases its pocket money to the celebraties, so its not as if it makes much of a difference. To most buyers it is a lot of cash, but when you promote you want to gain the most attention.
Question is whether the slow down of iPods is down to someone else eating into Apple's market, or whether there is a general slow down of sales of mp3 players, maybe because of market saturation?
Should that be BTO (Build to Order), or does CTO stand for something else? I can only think of 'Chief Technical Officer'.