or Connect

Posts by ajmas

Well if the UI is password protected, then it posses no more risk than having to use the 'proper' tool to access it. Also the UI doesn't suffer if Apple doesn't decide to update the "OS X" based update tool.
Does anyone know how I can view the PC section of a CD-ROM? I have a CD that has both software for the Mac and the PC, but I can only see the Mac stuff on my Mac. I want to be able to get at the PC stuff without having to resort to a PC. Any ideas?
It allows you to conifgure the device from any computer, whether or not they have the necessary configuration tool installed. Its also much of a norm in home wireless routers these days.
Not really an issue for me, but wish they would have offered ine.
I have just bought myself an Airport Express and after a little fiddling around and a little screw up due to using the wrong WEP password, I got it working as a client to my already established wireless network. The only thing that seems to be missing is a web UI for administering the thing, as I am used to with the solutions from Belkin and Linksys. Does it have a web interface that I am not finding?
My company uses an SSL based solution from Aventail (see posting above). So far no luck with the suggested software.
I will take a look at the above solutions. Though it would be nice for Apple to provide something on the client end of things.
I will take a look at that. My company is using a solution from Aventail (http://www.aventail.com/ ), for the VPN, though I haven't been able to find anything on the Mac side that would allow me to connect to it.
From what I can tell MacOS X comes with no software that allows you to create a network tunnel or VPN. I have looked around and there aren't many friendly solutions out there. CISCO provides a fairly easy to use UI, but the company I am working at does not use CISCO for there VPN. In fact our company use an SSL based solution and I am having difficulty working out what to do. Two questions, is there any software around that would allow me to do that and would you want...
If you don't already own the Apple products then there are competing ones you can look at. Then again Adobe seems to be doing something similar, and the pricing is not that much different from Apple's. I am guessing that they are probably trying to make the different tools work closer together. Think iLife for professionals.