or Connect

Posts by ajmas

Thanks
We have all been waiting for it (well I have at least) and from the looks of it Google Earth for the Mac is finally here!!! see Announcement. I wish I had found out last night, since now I have to wait until I get home to try it out.
By having Adobe as a separate company there is real competition and incentive for Apple. It is nice to see that Adobe is planning on offering some competition to Aperture, if only to force Apple to work harder on the product. On the other hand if either of them manage to get the new product working on lower powered computers then that will be a big plus.
I totally agree that cost was not the factor in moving to the Intel chip. The reason has always been the power consumption issues with regard to the CPUs used in the PowerBooks. As to which Macs will be first to be make the switch I believe the portables and the consumer computers would be first to go. Because of the type of applications that usually run on the XServes, I am not so sure that a move to Intel would make a difference straight away. For high performance...
That sounds like the arrogance that would help lose the next battle. As long as Creative is still making money they still have a running chance. If Apple took the same attitude that you do then it would mean that the iPod would be sunk in the next cycle. In the market place you always have to act as if you might lose the next battle and do everything to try to win it.
Wasn't there one with the march of death sound? I can't seem to remember which one it was.
What on earth are you talking about? Any media player that supports MP3s supports podcasts. Podcasts are not an iPod centric technology.
A guy sells a a totally ridiculous product, so it he crazy? Maybe. A whole bunch of people buy the totally ridiculous product? Are they crazy? Maybe, but at least the salesman does not seem so crazy anymore. That's business. Apple's price scheme might be crazy, but it hasn't stopped people from buying their products. Not everyone perceives pricing in the same way. No one is forcing you to buy from the Apple Store. As an alternative you can always buy the episodes on...
Actually I think I was being a little conservative and that a time scale greater than four months would be more realistic. What will be interesting is to see how the market, and the stock market, reacts to a line of computers that has two types of chips.
Given everything that we are hearing, I wonder whether the first generation x86 Macs will be limited to non-PowerMac and to portables. The reason I say this is because the current high end PPC chips are filling in well the needs of the "extreme power users". What the PPC is failing to get right at the moment is performance with a lower power consumption, something that is critical for portable computers. I am not sure that it would be wise to move the whole line in one...