or Connect

Posts by ajmas

What on earth are you talking about? Any media player that supports MP3s supports podcasts. Podcasts are not an iPod centric technology.
A guy sells a a totally ridiculous product, so it he crazy? Maybe. A whole bunch of people buy the totally ridiculous product? Are they crazy? Maybe, but at least the salesman does not seem so crazy anymore. That's business. Apple's price scheme might be crazy, but it hasn't stopped people from buying their products. Not everyone perceives pricing in the same way. No one is forcing you to buy from the Apple Store. As an alternative you can always buy the episodes on...
Actually I think I was being a little conservative and that a time scale greater than four months would be more realistic. What will be interesting is to see how the market, and the stock market, reacts to a line of computers that has two types of chips.
Given everything that we are hearing, I wonder whether the first generation x86 Macs will be limited to non-PowerMac and to portables. The reason I say this is because the current high end PPC chips are filling in well the needs of the "extreme power users". What the PPC is failing to get right at the moment is performance with a lower power consumption, something that is critical for portable computers. I am not sure that it would be wise to move the whole line in one...
One thing I would like for them to get right is their bluetooth support. Ever tried sending your address book over to your computer? One thing they did get right is adding a mini-USB socket for charging and cabled data transfer. One universal connector. About time someone did this.
Don't get me into that argument. Did CDs every come down to the price of cassettes, even once they had paid off their new manufacturing facilities? In the end what the customer pays doesn't always correspond to the price of the materials going into the product.
Don't forget Apple wants to be as cutting edge as reasonably possible. For this reason I don't necessarily see lower priced Macs in general and I find it difficult to imagine Apple having Intel design its boards. What we might see on the other hand is the Mac mini being more affordable. Apple has a very strong engineering team and they are likely to want to have as much control as possible with regards to motherboard design. This is based on the premise that Apple...
The truth is there is a problem, whether it is at home or at school. While I agree that parents have a responsibility towards their children, we can't expect that all families will do their children justice. One thing that I had when I was a school was "homework period", where 1 hour per day after school was committed to allow the students to do their homework in a supervised class. This may be a solution for situations where studying at home is not a practical...
While I would like to defend Apple, I will not. On the other hand these people are asking a bit much. If they still like their iPod on principle then should ask Apple to exchange their iPod nanos, along with making a slip cover standard, as they now have with new iPod video. Remember that if the suit is to outrageous then it is more likely to fail. I reckon that the 'share of the profits' element is to pay for lawyer's fees, so that the plaintiffs don't have to shell out...
Gap is to blame for lack of QA, but then again you probably find their site was done by management that is happy that it runs on 85% of the browsers out there. The only question is how does that percentage actually compare to the type of market interested in GAP. I did a few tests of mine own and here are the results: Works: - Firefox Does not Work: - Safari - OmniWeb - Opera And there are still others that I have not tested, including iCab.