or Connect

Posts by ajmas

Except that its not the same shade of gray!?
These things use USB and are intended for use in CAD applications. Like anything, if its use is not well incorporated, then it could be difficult to use, just like a badly designed UI.
IBM Had been providing high power CPUs, just not the type Apple needed for it products.
You won't see an Xeon on a PowerBook any time soon, unless you are wanting to go beyond melting your hands and having a battery life of two seconds. The xeon is a high performance processor, which just pulls the watts out of the mains at a ridiculous rate. The chips that Apple is interested in is the Pentium-M. The only place that we are likely to see a Xeon is on a desktop, but there is very little info on what Apple's desktop plans are.
I see a lot showing signal strength, but couldn't see one showing connection speed. Would also be nice to know whether I am connected at 11Mb/s or 54Mb/s.
Looking at the Internet Connect program I only get minimal info on the connection. Is there any way of having more detailed info, such at what speed it is currently connected at, and so on?
I am looking to buy a Spaceball, such as the one from 3Dconnexion: http://www.3dconnexion.com/spaceball5000.htm Has anyone got on of these working on a Mac? I ask because the site doesn't indicate Mac support, but this is not the same thing as to whether it works on the Mac.
For those who have used it does the 'nipple' double as a third button, like the scroll wheels on some mice? Looking at the Apple web site I would say no, but I would like confirmation.
Reading a lot of the posts, most of them are based on "Real sucks". What Real did is probably not very professional, but I like to see options, even if they are not necessarily the best. Had Microsoft been in the position of Apple everyone would have been screaming monopoly or antitrust. This whole issue of DRM is a real problem, since on the one hand it limits the options of users and on the other provides the company holding the keys a large amount of potentially...
I lost faith in the cartel long ago. There have been a number of CDs that I wanted to buy recently, but they ended staying on the shelf. I've asked several stores if I can't get the CD working on my computer, and hence MP3 player, whether I can bring it back and the answers all have been a resounding 'no'. In a number of cases I found the sellers siding with my point of view, but not being able to do anything due to store policy. With a personal collection of 100+ CDs,...