or Connect

Posts by ajmas

While I would like to defend Apple, I will not. On the other hand these people are asking a bit much. If they still like their iPod on principle then should ask Apple to exchange their iPod nanos, along with making a slip cover standard, as they now have with new iPod video. Remember that if the suit is to outrageous then it is more likely to fail. I reckon that the 'share of the profits' element is to pay for lawyer's fees, so that the plaintiffs don't have to shell out...
Gap is to blame for lack of QA, but then again you probably find their site was done by management that is happy that it runs on 85% of the browsers out there. The only question is how does that percentage actually compare to the type of market interested in GAP. I did a few tests of mine own and here are the results: Works: - Firefox Does not Work: - Safari - OmniWeb - Opera And there are still others that I have not tested, including iCab.
There are also these: http://www.abesofmaine.com/viewproduct.asp?id=skdcsp I bought a pack for my camera. Since you can cut them to the approrpiate size, you can used them for more applications than simply cameras.
The colour is on the back of the plastic, so the only difference colour would back is how visible the scratches are. Any device with a screen, that gets put in a pocket, will get scratched, be it a PDA, camera, phone oe media player. The only real solution is have something to protect the screens. There are plenty of after market solutions, including: - skins, such as from http://www.iskin.com - decals (transparent or decorated), such as from...
From my experience, I wouldn't trust exposing bear screens to anything. No matter how tough they are they will always end up getting scratched, be this digital cameras, cell phones or whatever else is small enough for the pocket. The only real solution is get a skin, with screen protector or get one of the stick screen films designed for digital cameras. I already got my self an iSkin for my iPod, just to prolong the life of the base product. And for the iPod nano there...
There may be another reason they released the iPod Nanon now: they wanted to keep it separate from the announcements they are going to be making at Apple Expo Paris. Remember that there are rumours flying around that new PowerBooks are going to be announced at the expo. By keeping the announcements separate they can be sure that the media will be providing a good amount of time on each product, rather than getting lost. Also any media looking at Apple with the iPod nano,...
Except that its not the same shade of gray!?
These things use USB and are intended for use in CAD applications. Like anything, if its use is not well incorporated, then it could be difficult to use, just like a badly designed UI.
IBM Had been providing high power CPUs, just not the type Apple needed for it products.
You won't see an Xeon on a PowerBook any time soon, unless you are wanting to go beyond melting your hands and having a battery life of two seconds. The xeon is a high performance processor, which just pulls the watts out of the mains at a ridiculous rate. The chips that Apple is interested in is the Pentium-M. The only place that we are likely to see a Xeon is on a desktop, but there is very little info on what Apple's desktop plans are.