or Connect

Posts by ajmas

I see a lot showing signal strength, but couldn't see one showing connection speed. Would also be nice to know whether I am connected at 11Mb/s or 54Mb/s.
Looking at the Internet Connect program I only get minimal info on the connection. Is there any way of having more detailed info, such at what speed it is currently connected at, and so on?
I am looking to buy a Spaceball, such as the one from 3Dconnexion: http://www.3dconnexion.com/spaceball5000.htm Has anyone got on of these working on a Mac? I ask because the site doesn't indicate Mac support, but this is not the same thing as to whether it works on the Mac.
For those who have used it does the 'nipple' double as a third button, like the scroll wheels on some mice? Looking at the Apple web site I would say no, but I would like confirmation.
Reading a lot of the posts, most of them are based on "Real sucks". What Real did is probably not very professional, but I like to see options, even if they are not necessarily the best. Had Microsoft been in the position of Apple everyone would have been screaming monopoly or antitrust. This whole issue of DRM is a real problem, since on the one hand it limits the options of users and on the other provides the company holding the keys a large amount of potentially...
I lost faith in the cartel long ago. There have been a number of CDs that I wanted to buy recently, but they ended staying on the shelf. I've asked several stores if I can't get the CD working on my computer, and hence MP3 player, whether I can bring it back and the answers all have been a resounding 'no'. In a number of cases I found the sellers siding with my point of view, but not being able to do anything due to store policy. With a personal collection of 100+ CDs,...
Now that I have on myself: keeping the heat down. Wow does that 15" get hot sitting on your lap.
Of course, but we need to find the faults at Apple, in order to bash the competition more effectively.
The computer and record industries really need to see where we are going with DRM and future formats. A few thing to note about the formats: - AAC is owned by Dolby, and is part of the MPEG4 specification, and Apple has slapped on Fairplay. Currently in this form will only play on iPods - Atrac which is owned by Sony, with Sony DRM. Currently will only play on Sony media players, originally developed for the Mini-disc player. - WMA is owned by Microsoft with...
I have recently started listening to podcasts and while browsing the available selection came across one or two that weren't in English. There is nothing evident indicating the language they are in. Throwing them all into an "international" category is not really a solution either, since it removes the genre which more suited to them and is narrow minded when looking at the bigger picture. Would a language indicator be something that people would like to see next to tracks?