or Connect

Posts by ajmas

That doesn't sound much different from "does the world need another hardware store?" or "does the world need another clothes store?". Essentially there may not be a need, but if someone wants to come up with an alternative bookstore, then they should not be prevented from doing so. In my view, I should be able to buy my e-books from whoever I want, for whatever reason. Whatever the reason for a business to exist, as long its legal and legit then it should be allowed to do so.
The embedded SIM sounds very much like the whole configuration for the CDMA handsets in North America. The problem with this is that it requires calling an operator to do any change. The nice thing with a SIM card is that you buy it and then simply install it. This is a process that is easy to understand for the average user. Also in many countries this requires you have some sort of data or phone connection to start with, which is not always a realistic scenario. A...
Truth is for most stuff, Linux based servers will rank number 1. If you need a Mac based server then if you can get passed the form factor, then the Mac mini is probably a good choice. What matters is what the hardware can do. You could probably put six Mac minis side by side (if placed on their side) and fit a 4U rack. I believe that if you could get the right load balancing server with the ability to wake and sleep specific nodes, then the mini-ITX form factor would...
Then again, I believe all Macs that will be able to run 10.7 can be booted from a USB device. If that is indeed the case, then maybe just replace the DVD with USB keys for all installations.
At the same time, if Steve hadn't been pushed out maybe we wouldn't have had NeXT or Pixar. Sometimes being pushed out is good, since sometimes it leads to something better.
If you want to test your browser support, visit: http://html5test.com/
I hope these 'innovative' web sites are designed in such a way to work with most HTML5 capable browsers (including, Opera, Firefox and IE9) and not simply be limited to WebKit based browsers (Safari and Chrome). This is especially true when bringing in the related CSS3 and Javascript components into play,
Looking on eBay I see there are component to HDMI adaptors. Maybe with this and a HDMI to Displayport adaptor you will get the solution you need. I have never tried this, so I can't say if it will work.
For me the problem is simple: closed ecosystem. For this to work it needs to be like the iOS: extensible with third party apps and channels. Until I can choose between options such as iTunes store, Netflix, Blockbuster and pure web based streams, then solutions like XBMC and Plex will still be more appealing, despite the need for better hardware.
The only question I have is how long before the Simpsons or Futurama includes a take on this in an episode