or Connect

Posts by dhandler

It was announced today that Apple has found a cure for cancer. Pundits quickly pointed out not to put too much into it and that the news is actually bad news for oncologists.  
Make it illegal to sell iPhones in NY city and confiscate all iPhones at the city limits from those wishing to enter. Then outlaw jewelry, expensive cars, and all popular electronics. That ought to drop thefts to a trickle.
Have to say I agree with atashi and mastoid. The Maps.app works fine for what I need a map app on a phone to do. Recording coordinates for birding apps, locating specific restaurants, bluetooth calls, and the odd time or two when I need to locate my position on a trail. For driving applications I don't see any phone app worth fussing over compared to my Garmin GPS which is easy to use, update, and follow turn-by-turn directions (muted). Not to say Map.app doesn't have it...
"The 17-inch MacBook Pro would be a logical choice for Apple to retire, as the premium professional notebook only accounted for 1.7 percent of the company's notebook sales in the first quarter of 2012."   So this suggests that future sales will be as flat? Perhaps all of us who use a 17" are waiting for a refresh. As a full-time RVer on the road, my 17" provides me with much needed screen space plus had multiple inputs...and yes, I use the optical drive, too, to burn...
Glad you love your HTC. So why are you bothering to follow and/or reply to this article if not to slam Apple and then go on to say "We can only hope that Apple fixes the issue once and for all with the iPhone 5." as if you really care?
I tend to agree. Most people I know who have purchased an iPhone already had an iPod, mostly a Touch (myself included). I waited - a very long time - until Verizon started selling iPhones. I've been a Mac user since 1985. Along with a spike in GPS, what about social networking software or travel-related software like Starbucks, or Culver's? These were apps I added because even though I used my Touch via wi-fi (typically through my Verizon MI-FI 2200) the apps were not...
If Apple wants to increase market share, end the exclusive with AT&T and open up the iPhone to other carriers.
I couldn't agree more. I have a new Mc Pro and a Mac Mini both connected via a switcher to a 23-inch Apple display. Works fine but the advent of a new slightly larger and at the same price point Mac display with a built-in iSight was tantalizing. Built-in speakers were not necessary and I might have been able to put up with a glossy screen. But what happens? Apple puts out a display which will not work with desktops nor older laptops. They include an iSight which ALL the...
What many people outside of education circles fail to realize: that the Mini has proved to be a cost-effective alternative to the other headless Mac, the Mac Pro, in classroom settings. Aging G3's and G4's have been replaced with Minis in situations where money for an additional monitor or keyboard was not warranted nor the need for Mac Pro heavy lifting (and pricing). Access to school servers, the Internet, and hooked to a video projector (and let's not forget the Mini's...
A little history lesson on IE and the Mac found at Wikipedia: "As a result of the five-year agreement between Apple and Microsoft in 1997, it was the default browser on Mac OS before it was replaced by Apple's own Safari web browser in 2003. Internet Explorer for Mac remained available for download from Microsoft until January 31, 2006. However, no major updates had been released since March 27, 2000, aside from bug fixes and updates to take advantage of new...