or Connect

Posts by Stourque

I'm not so sure that it is the cable companies that encrypt the HD content. I think it is in the PVR. I have searched high and low for a way to transfer content that I have recorded onto my PVR with no success. The only way I've found is to re-record the content using an eyetv. The cable companies don't want anyone saving HD content.
The AppleTV needs to replace the set top box. I don't think the cable companies would fight that as long as they can still charge their customers $75 plus per month in addition to the internet they also charge for. I don't think the cable companies care what the interface is.
TV's are just a screen - a monitor. Different shapes and sizes, but the real experience is what is input to it. I would like my AppleTV to REPLACE my set top box, not coexist as another input to my TV. If I still want cable, have it as an app on my AppleTV. Click on it and the conventional TV guide shows up. Or I could have an app for each network I want, or each TV show. All customizable and no more costly, because I'm paying for the content through my cable bill. If I...
Aren't the cable companies and internet providers one and the same? They are where I live. (Rogers) You could eliminate cable tv, but you'll still be paying for internet. And when their cable revenues drop, internet prices will go up.
Wow, you sure put him in his place. I don't think I would seek out financial advice on an Internet forum either, but I think what he said is very solid advice. By the sounds of your portfolio, however, you seem to be doing quite well. I don't think you need to worry about your retirement. But I did find your remarks about having a hissy fit quite odd. After reading all these comments, I would say you're the one having a hissy fit. As for your original statement, if there...
I have a 4 year old nephew who was born blind. He is infatuated with my iPhone and Siri. (Especially 'Talking Carl) we went to the Apple Store to look at iPads and I was amazed at the level of personal support they were offering to him.
Does anyone even watch WWE anymore? With UFC/MMA, people can see see actual fights and none of the soap opera drama involving Vince McMahon and his family. All our old wrestling favourites from the last generation have all died off after years of drug abuse.
So, if any business model where the seller earns a % of the retail price is considered price fixing, there are a lot of guilty parties out there. Pretty much anyone who earns commission.
DED should have contacted all those he mentioned to get their response to this story on how wrong they were. Just to rub it in their faces.
Acer and Asus? Seriously? Who asks for either one of those brands.The only reason people walk out of a store with one of those is because it had the cheapest price. And aren't all those Windows computers the same anyway? Just the box is different.