or Connect

Posts by Stourque

Apple operates in over 150 countries around the world. In many of these they operate subsidiaries which pay all the sales taxes and corporate taxes that they owe. While their 'cost' calculations are open for debate, they pay corporate taxes as they are owed. The after tax profits are what are sent to their Iirish subsidiary. The after tax profits are sent from Europe and Asia. Similarly, Apple operates subsidiaries in many of the Americas, Canada, for instance. These...
This is already being done, although Apple isn't a participant. It's called the Untied States.
Clippers fast on their way to perennial basement dwellers with this clown in charge.
Just watch it on YouTube. The full segment is there as well as some individual edits.
Apple's results are fairly predictable. And always profitable. That's why Wall St doesn't like Apple - nothing to gamble on. The money for them isn't in buying in selling - it's in all the other gambling instruments.
I wish you could see a preview of a movie like on iTunes.
You picked the low point and the high point. Just a coincidence that the low point was at the beginning of the year.
Apple proves there is a business case to invest in green energy.
I'm not so sure that it is the cable companies that encrypt the HD content. I think it is in the PVR. I have searched high and low for a way to transfer content that I have recorded onto my PVR with no success. The only way I've found is to re-record the content using an eyetv. The cable companies don't want anyone saving HD content.
The AppleTV needs to replace the set top box. I don't think the cable companies would fight that as long as they can still charge their customers $75 plus per month in addition to the internet they also charge for. I don't think the cable companies care what the interface is.