or Connect

Posts by Stourque

A weather app so the idiots using it will know when it's raining so they can go inside. Oh sorry, they don't have apps.
I don't get why people buy this crap. People bought windows computers because they thought every thing had to be 'compatible', or they thought macs were too expensive. But with mobile devices these arguments don't wash. An iPhone can be had for $150; so what if somebody offers 2 for 1. I just don't get it. Google is becoming more and more synonymous with crap. They just want to give everything away, then plaster it with ads like a european hockey player. No thanks,...
Hmmm, a laptop with a detachable touchscreen that runs crappy software.
That's what I thought. So if there are European carriers that cross borders, why should they have extra roaming charges. My daughter works at a call centre for a bank and she had a customer that took his iPhone to France. Didn't turn off data roaming and got back to a $7500 bill for roaming charges!
Just wondering if these European carriers charge roaming fees outside their home country? Can't have it both ways.
Google just announced that their Android clock will also fail once all testing is complete. This new feature will be available sometime in the next 5 quarters. And Research in Motion co-CEO Mike Lazaridis was quoted as saying "They have a clock on their phone? We're going to have one as well. Only ours will be better - in fact it will be an iPhone clock killer. I just don't think people want clocks on their phones, just like they don't want touchscreens." When...
My first Mac was in 1984 when they had the 'test drive a Macintosh' campaign. One thing Steve jobs realized early on was the loyalty of their customers. Very few Mac users ever switched back to windows. He knew that once people used the product they would love. He knew the problem was with the distribution model. The retail sales model has price as the #1 factor in the purchasing decision. Apple's competitive advantage was not price. The solution was to vertically...
Apple could create a digital newsstand for publishers - magazine and newspapers. Part of the iBookstore. I think I'll patent this 'idea'.
I would be surprised if publishers get any where near 70% of the newsstand price. Distributors and retailers probably take half the price.
I believe that Steve said iTunes does not make any money because the profits are invested back into the infrastructure. Didn't they just spend a billion dollars on a server farm in North Carolina? Now we know what they did with their 30%. As far as Netflix is concerned, it is available in Canada. Last I checked they didn't have any movies worth renting. There are probably some licensing issues which prevent them from offering anything new. I would think that they still...