or Connect

Posts by Stourque

This the result if putting market share ahead of profitability. Consumers may gain in the short term, but in the long term companies need to earn money.
Kind of like a google search that gives top billing to their 'partners' - companies that pay google to get to the top of the list.
Funny how oil companies get away with price fixing everyday, but when Apple sets up a store where publishers set the price and Apple takes a cut, it is viewed as price fixing. I guess Apple doesn't spend enough paying off (lobbying) politicians.
Only songs in your library. I think he was referring to a song you hear in the car - ask Siri to identify it.
Here's what apple got for its $2 million in lobbying: http://reut.rs/WbeiJW
Here's an artist's rendition of what the new Google store will look like:
They have to give it away and then fill the service with ads to make it profitable. Some people are willing to pay for content and that's why iTunes sells more music than anyone else.
Time Machine ready? What exactly does that mean? I hooked up a external drive to my AirPort Extreme and was told that even though it appears to be working, it actually might not be. Hopefully I won't have to find out the hard way that it isn't backing up my computer.
Steve Balmer weighed in and said 'we're coming out with one too - only ours will have a keyboard that attaches to your forearm.'
I'm waiting for a shoe phone.