or Connect

Posts by YipYipYipee

I'd love to have Apple open an official store in Jerusalem. However, I don't think it would be a good idea because it would end up as a terrorism target. This is because Apple represents America as much as the Twin Towers and the Pentagon.
I'm not so sure, Solipsism. I can definitely see a need for such integrated technology. A SmartICE would be a key differentiator to the car manufacturers. Indeed, market studies have indicated a Ford SYNC system is a big check-mark (tic) on the features list, for those drivers in their 20's and 30's, buying their first new car. I also think that consumers would really take notice of a Apple iOS equipped car, and have more cache than SYNC/Blue&Me (Microsoft), Bose and...
Well, at least that's what I think Apple should get themselves into... Maybe they already have, but simply haven't told us yet. Why should Ford's (Microsoft) SYNC and in Europe/ROW, Fiat's Blue&Me (Microsoft) be one of the few OEM In-Car Entertainment (ICE) available? Indeed, I wouldn't be surprised if Google is (or already has) started due-diligence in this market. What I'm looking for is a Apple SmartICE that can do, as examples, the following: 1. Remotely...
Hmm... If it were up to me, I would have recommended Verizon give up on V-Cast in exchange for having a dual-mode (GSM and CDMA) radio. Indeed, as an international traveler, I like the idea of being able to use CDMA in the U.S. and GSM/EDGE/3G anywhere I else I travel in the world. Especially if I can get decent international rates via Vodafone affiliated networks.
Your points are well taken and we simply needed to understand each others context. There. Now if only Congress work as well as we have! I digress. Still, for those of us who have the knowledge and skills to upgrade from XP to Windows 7, it is a moot point. But, as others have pointed out, your mother's Dell, and her skill-set, would find it extremely difficult to make the upgrade. Whereas, those with Intel based Macs, could go from Panther to Snow Leopard without too...
Yuusharo: I acknowledge the MSRP for Windows 7 Ultimate is incorrectly stated in the article, and confirm the price is $320 and not $400. If you re-read my message, I did mention "Intel based Macs" on a number of occasions and fully appreciate the fact Snow Leopard does not work with older PowerPC based Macs. We will simply have different perspectives on what "runs well" on a given vintage PC, as we did not declare what application is being used on the system as a...
Well, it appears Microsoft is doing its part to help the PC industry. It's simply cheaper to buy a new PC than it is to upgrade your existing hardware with Windows 7. Seriously, $400 (stand-alone) for Windows 7 Ultimate? With that kind of money, you can buy the Mac Box Family Pack, which includes FIVE licenses each of Snow Leopard, iLife 09 and iWorks 09 for $229. That leaves $171 to purchase, well, memory upgrades for your older Intel based Macs or a 1TB drive to...
I'm afraid we can't join this particular LED Cinema Display club. This product is precisely for the new generation of notebook products. Not us "old school" folks. Seriously, if this new display is only for the new notebooks, I think it's brilliant! Indeed, if I were to buy a new MB or MBP it fulfills my need for an uncluttered desktop! Only thing is I Just wish they'd address the glossy/matte issue. -YipYipYipee
For those of ranting and raving about this new product, I need to point out something obvious here. If you go to the LED Cinema Display, it states in large letters "The first display made precisely for a MacBook"... Let me underscore a part of that sentence... "...made precisely for a MacBook" Don't you think Apple will come out with other LED Cinema Displays made for a revised iMac, Mac mini and of course the Mac Pro in the near future? If this first LED Cinema Display...
Heh. Methinks I've lived in the Twin Cities too long as what you've said certainly resonates with me. You don't work Piper Jaffrey, do you? -YipYipYipee