or Connect

Posts by jb510

The schedule for the iPhone 5 was: Sept. 4th announced event, Sept. 12th announced phone at event, Sept. 14th started pre-orders, Sept. 19th started delivery Based on that, we can roughly we can expect the 5s will go something like this: Week of Sept. 2nd announce event for Sept. 10/11th. Pre-Orders Sept 13th Deliveries Sept 18th. Awful timing for me since I'm headed overseas that week. Probably couldn't get it unlocked in time to take with me anyway.
Interesting scenario... Currently in the US there isn't much (any) incentive to buy a non-subsidized phone since monthly rates are the same either way. The difference tends to be if you're on a 2 year cract or not, and most people this as irrelevant as they have no intention of going without phone service at any time in the next 2 years. A cheaper mobile that could be sold unsubsidized AND coupled with a lower monthly rate could be extremely attractive and disruptive to...
Next week Apple patents the wheel.... Seriously though, there store design is pretty unique and recognizable.  I just don't know that it's so unique as to warrant a patent.  Were there really not other stores with glass fronts, shelves against the walls and an open path down the middle to a service desk prior to this?
I think everyone is overlooking a market equally important to "emerging markets"...  kids...   More and more kids 12-16 are getting phones, and most parents don't want to put $600 devices in their hands.  This is also about producing a new gateway drug.
Lack of thunderbolt out is a deal breaker for me. No biggie, I can wait and find something else, but my MBP only has one TB out and I want a dock that would allow running two external displays. Also, I'd rather have those displays connected via displayport then hdmi/dvi, but can live with it. The lack of universal USB 3 seems ridiculously cheap as well. I get some people will use this for an external keyboard and mouse, but many will want a couple hard drives attached...
With Adobe's history of charging for the most trivial of updates I'm going to be shocked if this isn't a paid upgrade... "CS 6.5 w/ retina support please bring your wheel barrel of money". Sorry for the cynisim I just lost all respect for adobe years ago...
I think there is a big empty hole in the lineup where a Mac Mini Pro should go... It'd be a low volume product, but not so low as to be pointless.
I'd disagree with that. While I don't game myself, I know a few people that would very much like to game on a Mac and bring thier own exiting monitor.I think I understand where apple is positioning this hardware, it's intended for SMB server use and employees that don't need a laptop, but there is a significant portion of the market out there that would love this to have a GPU to do heavy 3d/video processing without stepping I to a Mac pro...I'm waiting for an ifixit and...
I wonder why they're so disposed towards bigger stores rather than more stores... Is it the perception a big crowded store conveys? Is it cost efficiency? Apple has always been very personal and large stores just seem counter to that... even if Apple manages to keep it very personal with the amazing amount of staff on hand...
When a phone loses connection it boosts it's signal tremendously searching a a new connection cellular radios (phones) absolutely do interfere with airline radios at close range (5 feet or less). Try outting your phone up next to your car radio in a area you lose signal. Now Put 5 or 50 phones in close proximity to a much more sensitive airline radio all doing that signal hunting at the same time and that can become a legitimate concern. If that happened during take off...