or Connect

Posts by jb510

I heard they'll also finally release a 13" iPad Pro that includes FireWire and an optical drive.
  I only put DP3/4 on a test machine out of curiosity mostly and just started running GM in production last week so I can't really speak to the stability of any of it with authority.  It's has been stable for me once I sorted out the changes to XCode/X11 which wasn't made easier by my deciding at the same moment to switch from macports to homebrew which is how I install mant of the development tools I ACUTALLY use... I digress.   The issues I have seen are all around...
Panic, another excellent long time Mac only developer like Omni, has similar issues wi iCloud bugs preventing integration working as it should. My own personal speculation is that iWork '12 is being held up by iCloud and further that 10.8 would have been scheduled for WWDC if not for being held up by iWork... Either apple is fervently patching iWork '09 to work on 10.8 right now or they're cutting it very close on finalizing iWork '12. It'll be interesting to see if...
I love the retina display on my iPhone 4, but I actually don't care much about the screen on the iPad HD... It'd be a nice bonus, niether do i care about strwaming video, but I do care about: #1 Does 4G LTE allow for international roaming? (ie like GSM) #2 Does 4G LTE allow for simultaneous voice and data? (for phone since I'm not into having an AT&T iPhone and a Verizon tablet). Searching wasn't really clear on these subjects with a lot of conflicting info and "it...
Thank you for the suggestions. I rarely touch DW. I mostly code in Coda and sometimes mess with Vim and PHP Storm. I don't see Pixelmator as a real replacement for Photoshop but maybe I'll take another look. I hate illustrator, drives me crazy that the interface is so different from PS... Same problem with FW. This is getting too off topic for this thread but thanks again for the suggestions.
Wait... What kind of PDF? Oh... An Adobe PDF... I really do wish I could purge Adobe for my Macs the way I once felt about Microsoft... I can't because I've never found an alternative to creative suite and let's face it there is still a lot of flash (some even for good reason). Come to think of it Lightroom is the only Adobe product I'm really happy with...
The use of "pre-paid" and "post-paid" to describe these plans confuses me... Once upon a time pre-paid meant you bought X minutes and they were good until you used them (or they might expire after 6/12 months). Pre-paid now seems to just mean non-2-year contract... I suppose your pre-paying for a month of unlimited service, is that it? Regardless the US market pricing is crap... AT&T is the worst now with thier only SMS plan being unlimited for $20/m and lowest...
This is terribly misleading since Apple is occupying more space then the restaurant. Further the 23,000 SF must either be for public floor space, not including back/administrative/office space or Apple is building a two story store within the space. Covent Garden the current largest Apple store for example is 40k sf with 16k sf of it public space.
What the heck Adobe... why is Adobe so incredibly dysfunctional... Are they not allowed in Apple's developer program? or can they not stomach the $100/year... Nearly ever other piece of commercial software I use on a daily basis was updated a MONTH ago in anticipation of Lion... heck nearly all the non-commercial software I use daily was updated even before that. $2000 for CS 5.5 MC and they can't even prepare ahead of time for an OS upgrade? not even a little...
Actually NO.... If you look at the source (comScore) it should be Feb/2011 = 25.2% May/2011 = 26.6% Regardless, looking at any of this in a vacuum is going to be misleading... Hardwarre: Apple has never built more than two phones for sale at the same time and is claiming 8.7% of the entire phone market... that's freaking mindblowing... note this is the phone market, not the smartphone market. Samsung/LG/Moto seem who seem to release a "new model" every 3 months in a...