or Connect

Posts by jb510

Ah... I must of misread what you wrote. It sounded like you were accusing Apple of asking for handouts from the federal government.As for your point, let me ask if you'd also stand behind the logical extension of it. It seems your saying that education therefore should be funded by the benevolence of private companies? Perhaps Coca-cola can provide free sodas in vending machines and Kraft can provide discounted cheese! Then if we just get some nice company to provide...
Huh? That's a peculiar way to interpret that. Apple lobbies on behalf of the Mostly public education system recieving funding which in turn may benifit them, but it's not like Apple directly being granted funds by the federal government. I wonder what the rent is on that 5th ave location? $4000/sf?
I've heard rumors that this means that Snow Leopard will only be available in Japanese. I never believed 10a423 was going to be GM since to my knowledge it didn't include an option to upgrade a 10.5 installation... maybe because my 10.5 installation is in English....
Wow. In a few years may e the feature set will match Skype today.
Seriously? Version 9... NOTHING is a bigger example of over stating minor upgrades than iTunes. We really should be at about version 5.5. Sorry to say I could care less about BR support in iTunes, Mac OS X I would care about though... not sure how you get support in iTunes without support in OS X? Organizing applications visuallly would be nice, but what about organizing EVERYTHING ELSE? If they are yet again going to jump a whole version number II sure as hell...
yes but... #1 Native apps can have push notification, which for Google Voice (Voice Mail and SMS) is absolutely critical. #2 Native apps are faster than web apps. So... sorry but a kludged together web app sucks for GV... Seriously... as much as I LOVE my iPhone, if this doesn't get resolved my next phone will likely run Android.
DVD cataloging isn't really exciting... neither is BR support. I'd expect both sooner or later anyway. What would be exciting is if iTunes had built in MP3 tag correction and identification...
I agree. Apple will never make an integrated TV... maybe a HDTV display, but incorporating it all together, never. Simply because TV's have way to long of a expected life span for a software company to support sufficently. People are accustomed to replacing computer hardware every few years, the are not accustomed to replacing TV's, DVD Players, VCR Players, etc.... So while a consumer will tolerate that his 5 y.o. AppleTV doesn't have the power to utilize the latest...
Just to be clear you have an Ion based netbook? One with a Nvidia 9400M and Atom 330? ...not the older 230 that runs at half the speed and not the 950 integrated graphics.... Now, that said I think it is far more likely that Apple would direct Ion a netbook or the AppleTV, but I think it'd run 1080P acceptably in doing so. Putting this platform in a Netbook would exactly fit how Apple tends to do things because it would easily outclass most existing netbooks on a power...
Citi is wrong on this... as usual frankly. Introducing a new product is not likely to be successful in the face of weakening consumer demand in a receding market. Apple figured this out when they KEPT the original White MacBook around. The most profitable way forwrad for Apple would be to utilize there existing manufacturing efficiencies. which would mean to lower prices on the existing models and add a new model above it to differentiate. ie, expect the 3G phone...