or Connect

Posts by jb510

Brilliant for a dock connector, but it's not subsitute for a sole general data connection on the laptop side of things. I would however think it rather cool if, for example, MBP's came with a magsafe connector on both sides of the case and either could be used for power+data or just data. (the data being light peak). From what I've seen no one has proposed any particular connector yet for LightPeak, nor a specific method for LP carrying power. MagSafe would seem an...
Sorry but you couldn't be more wrong. First please understand I could care less about "the parents and children" in this scenario. This isn't about protecting parents from their children. The problem seems to me to start with the iOS/iTunes ecosystem being unique in effectively using the same user account authorization information for what appears to be installation of an app as it does for iTunes purchases. Now this is really authorizing the purchase of a free app,...
...and I thought I sometimes was to quick to blame the parents. One of the first posters to this thread already said exactly what I was going to. Entering one's password to install an app shouldn't also authorize in-app purchases for 1 second let alone 15 minutes. This really isn't the fault of parent's or children, this is a horrible payment authorization system that is coupled to device authorization. I view this as a privilege escalation bug, namely me...
I understand Apple's desire to have a cut of all commerce that takes place via iOS, but I disagree with this move on many levels. Ironically I think iOS app store just needs to be made identical to the OS X App Store. First developers ought to be able to sell apps AND price them however they like both inside and outside the app store for iOS the same os OS X. I think it just ridiculous for Apple to try to control pricing in either spot. I do however think it's fair...
Yes and the receptionist at my doctors office can read my chart... And the CSR at my credit card company can see where I bought that special gift for my g/f... And on and on.... Frankly I trust the security surrounding cloud services much more than that surrounding physical records. For an interesting read up on how Evernote secures data in transit and when stored... Same for DropBox. As for the actually article. Seems far more likely it'll be a sync service like...
Optical drives should die NOW... Besides a good number of optical drives have already died inside their hosts. Apple just replaced the one in my MBP (12 months out of warranty, but that's because they failed to fix it at the end of my warranty when it was acted funny and I'd asked them to look at it). The one in my other MBP hasn't been able to burn for years... Even the one in my Mini is having issues, and I know I'm not alone having tech support clients with the same...
While I can see Apple stores overhauling the display space used for boxed apps, I don't believe they'll cease to sell apps or boxed apps in store. You still need a showcase space where people who come into the store can see what is available, and even better if they can try out some of the software in store. I'd like to see the "wall-o-boxes" replaced with an interactive display that let's one fire up a demo of any software.
I'm holding out hope there will be an SD card slot (even though my camera's are CF meaning I'd rather see USB). I'm guessing there will be: iPad - standard res screen and no SD card slot iPad Pro - double res screen and SD card slot Of course maybe it not SD card... maybe it's USB 3....
Read the original article and quotes again and it should be obvious. Contractional exclusivity is not the same as voluntary exclusivity and has nothing to do with carrier locks.
Roughly 2 weeks to 10B...