or Connect

Posts by jb510

No... It's all there in the post and you both failed to comprehend it. The phone is effectively free as as result of a $99 instant rebate. Thereofre it must be purchased before it becomes free. Further you are going to be required to pay taxes on the full price of the phone before any subsidies AND before the $99 instant rebate... Further you are going to have to sign a two contract to qualify for the subsidy before the rebate kicks in. All in all, yes you are BUYING the...
SIM cards made sense to me when they WERE the phones memory and you could move your SIM to a new phone and the contacts came with it. These days no one keeps their contact on their SIM card, so go ahead and get rid of it already. I don't see how an integrated sim affects customer loyalty or churn at all. The phone can still be software locked and subsidized, and you can STILL be required to sign a contract for service. It would dramatically affect pay as you go...
Golden Master doesn't seem to mean what it once did... Looks like they'll be skipping a public release of 4.2 entirely, no?
It looks like someone, root66, worked out a fix for the LDAP/certificate issue: http://discussions.apple.com/message...68395#12568395
I still think those expecting to be able to put their own music into the cloud are dreaming. This will be for iTunes purchased media only. Storage cost is irrelevant since Apple only needs to store one copy of the digital asset for millions of users, this isn't your own personal web disk... I doubt they'll charge for bandwidth eithier. It'll either be free for all purchased content or it will come along via a MobileMe subscription. Either way... No you are not going...
There are lots of possiblities. Air print could be downloaded later as a software update a la most printer driver updates for example... Or it could be a secret pact between Apple and HP to sell more printers and then it'll come to other shared printers in a few months after early adopters have gonenout and bought new printers...
I don't have much interest in this story... Certainly not as an Apple fan, marginally as a Apple investor, and marginally as a tech geek, although AI hasn't really delved into the technical aspects so get that elsewhere. What seems the obvious question though is with all the "reporting"'on this data center over the last 6-12 months, how is it that no one confirmed the size of it? That no one asked if it was being built in phases? That no one did any journalism on it what...
Me too... personally I'm concerned how the "full screen button" is going to work on multiple monitors. I'm guessing it'll actually mean "maximize and remove chrome" rather than a true full screen mode. I'm SO sick and tired of apps that don't work will with multiple monitors. For example apps that when they go full screen on monitor #2 dim monitor #1 (itunes for example), Quicktime used to do this, but seems to be behaving now.
FaceTime + MacBook = FaceBook.... That's about the most logical reason for Apple to buy FaceBook I can think of... and obviously it's pretty lame... just to be clear Apple buying FaceBook would be a ridiculous move. I think the first 5 commenters covered it all. FB is not a long term investment for Apple and would be grossly over-valued the moment. In the last 12 months I've seen valuations range from $3B ro $33B. If Apple wanted the could easily build...
It's as likely to have a blender built into it as have those specs.