or Connect

Posts by jb510

What?!? Why would you want that. AT&T makes a killing on "subsidized" plans because they charge double the going rate. An iPad data only plan on subsidized contract would be $60/month like the 3G modems. I'm sure they'd be at that monthly rate happy to knock $300 off the price for you up front... Is that really what you wanted? Hint get out your calculator before you decide. The truth is we're all getting screwed on the iPhone contracts. WHY do people not see this? ...
The number I find shocking is those still on 3.1.2! I have to assume the vast majority of these are jail broken and/or unlocked. While one can upgrade to 3.1.3 it was advised against since there were no new features. As for how many ate on 3.x I actually don't find that surprising. The device essentially HAS to be tethered occasionally to remain useful, and thr update OS box pops up making it trival. I am surprised so many original models are off the Internet...
Looking around Twitter... @graypowell follows @geohot Interesting isn't it... look I subscribe to the philosophy "shit happens", but one does wonder just how messed up one has to be to forget an iPhone prototype on a bar stool...
These look to be exactly what I expected, except for the surprise screen options... I think Hi-res anti-glare is going to be a huge seller... So now I face that dreaded decsion, do I buy one now, earlier than I really need but inline with what I planned for to replace my 2008 MBP, or wait 6 months in hopes they add USB 3? Being that currently most of my external drives are FW800, waiting is really about being able to buy USB3 extenal drives now which have a longer...
That makes no sense. Was this supposed to read "switch to HTML5"? It seems to me not to be trival however. HTML5 is really brand new and not consitently supported across browsers. While I support apple pushing the web forward and away from flash for streaming video, flash does much for that just streaming video... As does HTML5, however they are not 1:1 replacements. Has anyone seen an interactive file uploader implemented in HTML5?
Danger danger will Robinson! Seriously this article is about 98% parental advisory note and 2% content, I'd hope for better from AI. Why don't you go ahead and suggest jailbreaking can cause cancer too.
I realize it is a little outside the objective world of benchmarking but IMHO the most critical component of VM software is how well it can recover from crash/corruption. * Early on with Fusion 2 I several times found my VM corrupted beyond recovery. With how little I actually use Windows no amount of speed increase in regular or infrequent As the vae may be use could ever compensate for the frustration of those events which required reinstalling windows and apps from...
"The Arrandale mobile processors employ a 32nm Westmere core paired with a 45nm chipset. The new 35nm chips offer improved speed" anyone want to fix that?
This is brillant on Apple's part, IMHO. First they paid 1/3 of what Google did for a mobile advertising firm. I don't think Apple needed to buy the market leader (AdMob) since Apple is already the market leader (AppStore). I think they'll do just fine with Quattro. Second, Apple hs been losing money, or failing to capitalize on all the "free" ad supported iPhone apps. They'll start getting a cut from those free Apps, and don't be surprised to see some sort of...
Hey I have a novel idea... How about making it EASIER for users to open up and service there electronics not harder... How about designing things so that users can actually service them without inadvertently damaging them... Seriously this pisses me off. I am more than skilled and capable enough replace a faulty power supply (did it last week in fact) or replace hard drives or memory modules or fans... Maybe Apple should just encase all there products in...