or Connect

Posts by jb510

Hey I have a novel idea... How about making it EASIER for users to open up and service there electronics not harder... How about designing things so that users can actually service them without inadvertently damaging them... Seriously this pisses me off. I am more than skilled and capable enough replace a faulty power supply (did it last week in fact) or replace hard drives or memory modules or fans... Maybe Apple should just encase all there products in...
I really don't see why anyone continues to compare the "Apple Tablet" to netbooks... there really is no crossover. The Tablet is sounding more and more like a media device (iPod/iPhone) and less and less like a computing device (MacBook). No one out there is buying netbooks to read the paper, or look at recipes in the kitchen, or read eBooks. Netbooks are computing devices, they have keyboards for a reason. Granted some are glorified DVD players for certain...
Umm... really? Maybe you aren't really "involved in the jail breaking community" to the depth you think you are... There is a HUGE pirate community for iPhone Apps. Primarily of games and the more expensive utility apps (like GPS apps). It is however heavily frowned upon by a good portion of the Jailbreak community, for example if you try to add the repositories to Cydia that specialize in pirated apps it'll warn/scold you but still let you do it. There is another...
I'm shocked, and a bit relieved. Yesterday based in part on the "no more holiday hardware" announcement I finally broke down and bought a mini to use as a HTPC. I'd been waiting and hoping there would be an aTV update that brought better hardware capable of 1080p and NetFlix streaming. Without those two features it's just not worth it to me to invest in hardware.It's just like iTunes... we're on what version 9! It should be version 6 at most...
...except millions of DVD players and TVs used DVI before HDMI came along. There was convergence of the two, albeit only for a couple years.
Price Drops = MacBook Pro 6,1 Anyone remember how long before the iMac and Mini updates they dropped prices... I'm thinking Christmas surprise.... if not January
Crappy article... Couldn't this have just as easily been titlted "Apple software runs slower under windows"? They really should have tested more non-apple software. Especially something modern and available in 64-bit on both, Lightroom comes to mind. for example.tOt would have been good to also see something like Photoshop which is 64-bit on Windows but 32-bit on Mac. I look forward to someone doing a proper and thourough review.
Im no fan of DRM, because the content crimes by it is never priced fairly. I won't pay the same full retail price I would in a store for something hobbled by it just because I chose to purchase it digitally. Further I don. Like seeing DRM versions being the only version available for sale. Finally I think all DRM'd content SHOULD have a time limit to avoid the enevitable shutting down of DRM autherozarion servers. Sure I would rent an eBook, IF it was lessthan half...
The most informative part of this post is the graph... It's amazing just how bad analyists have been at predicting Apple's price... And now you want to listen to them? Personally I can't believe there is ANYONE out there that hasn't already factored this in to Apple's price and analyists that claim otherwise should be fired for incompetance.... But as we've seen over the last decade incompetance seems to be a key job skill for them.
Here's the thing. I think 20% of the population would respond to any survey like this saying they are interested in ANY new Apple product. If I saw a survey asking me if I'd be interested in an $80 Apple toothbrush I'd say i was interested, not a chance I'd buy it though. Interest alone doesn't mean there is really a market for a tablet. I'll hold out that maybe there is, but just that I don't see how. The tablet people claim to want is going to be expensive, unlike...