or Connect

Posts by YodaMac

What's a Zune?...
iTelly iSet iBoobTube (or iTube... anyone remember what a picture tube is anymore...) iBox (or iDiot Box) iVid iLook or the most creepy.... iWatch
I guess that's my point - You're having to use 3 Apple ID's to do what you want. And iCloud is moving further towards everyone having their own account for syncing their own stuff. Sharing with your own devices and yourself - not sharing with others. Unless they add some future "family iCloud folder" or something that you could assign to, say, apps.
To this I have to reply that Apple continues to move AWAY from being "family friendly". From the start of the AppleTV (and how only one person could sync their media - the rest had to stream) to iPads not having multiple "logins" - it's clear that Apple's focus is on having each person have their own device, account, etc. There's just no easy way to share apps between spouses, kids, etc. unless you share EVERYTHING (including photos and an email address).iCloud will be...
Not sure why people seem to be saying that MobileMe is causing multiple account problems... I created an Apple ID using my .Mac email address. I've used it ever since, and even though it was upgraded to MobileMe - I continue to use my .Mac email address with no problem. Purchasing in iTunes, Mac App Store, product registrations, etc. all work fine using my @mac.com address. For me it seems that @mac.com and @me.com are the same thing to Apple - Same email and ID. ...
Clearly Apple hasn't been as successful with Gallery as, say, Facebook has been with photo sharing. I think Apple realizes this and really just wants to get your photos onto your mobile devices so that you can share them on Facebook (or somewhere else) with others. I don't think we'll be deleting pictures from Photostream. It just... is. You can put photos into albums from it if you want, or just leave it be. It's only the last 1k pics, so no major storage...
I was finally able to get an iPad 2 at the Apple Store last Thursday morning. Store employee said it was the first day since launch that they'd had more vouchers (for iPad 2's) than people waiting in line. So me thinks the tide is finally turning. Suck it scalpers! I cancelled my iPad 2 online order (made March 15th) that morning, but kept my Smart Cover on order because the Apple store was sold out of red leather ones. I haven't had time to stop back and see if...
Can you export the "Project" back to your Mac? Or just a finished movie... Also, the iPhone 4 uses the same A4 chip that iPad 1 uses - so there's no excuse for iMovie to not work on an iPad 1. (obviously except for recording video)
For the vast majority of HDTV owners, 720p is just great. (most HD on cable is 720 anyways) and since streaming is an important part of the Apple TV, 720p makes good bandwidth sense too. 1080p and Blu-ray just aren't needed on the Apple TV. All my iTunes content plays great and looks great and none of it is more than 720p. And I can store it all on hard drives, so Buh-Bye physical media. I absolutely don't want a laptop, keyboard or mouse in my living room; just...
-Finance App?... No way! That's not "fun" and iLife is supposed to be fun. Remember those commercials about how PCs were used to do math and boring work, and Mac's were used to have fun!!! -iBooks?... No way! iBooks is more an Apple store like iTunes. iTunes is not a part of iLife and needs to be available to both Mac and PC to make enough sales. -FaceTime?... No way! iChat already exists and will simply be upgraded (maybe rebranded) to include FaceTime on all...