or Connect

Posts by SDW2001

Yeah, it does.  Want to know why?  Because we're on a site where we discuss our opinions. You don't have to care what I think, but what I think matters just as much as what you think.   Speaking of what I think, please refrain from telling me what that might be.  You don't know me, champ.  As for the law, we'll see what comes of it.  I have my doubts that it's actually illegal, but it may be.  
Now hold on...how does that indicate that the anti-poaching agreement "clearly" applied? It could have been something else. And did you suffer economically? Would the raise have been that big? I stand by what I said...I've got no problem with this even if it applied to all employees.
I'm not sure how this will go, but I frankly have absolutely no problem with anti-poaching agreements. Secondly, I don't see how this could have harmed 100,000 people. These agreements usually pertain to higher-level employees, executives, etc. It's very unlikely 100,000 or even 10,000 would be affected. The number is probably more like 500-1000 people. Last, it seems to me that proving damages in a civil action case is going to be an uphill climb. Are we to believe...
 Nah, they'll be silent.  That was my first thought.  Where is Obama.  Where is Harry Reid?  Where is Pelosi?  Where is Schumer?  Durbin?  Where are all the "progressives" who rail against executive compensation?  Oh wait...it doesn't count because Apple's corporate culture is in agreement with their politics.  
You didn't explain how their votes are weighted.  Presumably, the guy who gets 50,000 votes gets twice as many "super" votes counted as the guy who received 25,000.  Right?     Interesting idea, though very complex.  What would be the point of elections?  Wouldn't it lead to literally thousands of people "winning" elections in a single district, many of whom have votes that really don't count anyway?  Also, the idea for the Senate is wholly inconsistent with our...
This is an older thread, but I still find the OP's post odd.  It's like he's pining for his childhood perceptions or something.  We're dealing with someone here who obviously was completely taken in by Steve's reality distortion field.  While he's criticizing Apple, what he's really doing is projecting.  He's older and wiser, and doesn't have the same emotional connection to the products and Apple's mystique he once did.  That's not Apple's fault or Tim Cook's fault...it's...
 4.7 inches is  still a significant increase.  Hold up a ruler to your iPhone 5 (if you have one) and you'll see what I mean.  It makes the phone considerably larger.  5.5" looks ridiculous when doing that same test.   I don't disagree that sales will improve with larger models.  I'm just saying 4.7 would be all I'd want.   As for the iPad, yeah...I'm wifi only.  It doesn't bother me though, because there is wifi anywhere I'd be where I'd really want to use internet...
 Thanks.  That's a little better, but it's still a lot of money once a few years goes by.  As you said, iWork is a better deal.  And when it comes to real word processing, I really don't use an iPad anyway.  I need the feel of a traditional keyboard for that.  
 I doubt it's better.   It's a decent product to be sure.  It still doesn't compare to Office for business productivity and compatibility.  However, I won't spend $100 a year as an educator just to be able to edit docs on my iPad.  It's really aimed at businesses, I think.  In my opinion, sales are probably going to be dismal for anyone outside of corporate America.  If they went to a tiered system with different one-time/subscription prices for home and business users,...
I'll take 4.7. More than big enough for my phone. I have my iPad mini for anything else I want to do with a larger screen.