or Connect

Posts by SDW2001

Yawn. Another clever, but ultimately useless ad campaign. Micro$haft is and has been in the odd position of having to advertise products that aren't its own, just because they come with Windows installed. The result is a myriad of products that few can differentiate, coupled with increased awareness of Apple's relatively simple line-up. At the same time, they also sell software for the Mac, meaning that even if they can get more people to use Windows machines, they...
Saw it, too.  I was disappointed.  Kutcher did a great job and really worked hard at "becoming" Jobs.  But his dedication and physical resemblance just couldn't overcome the disjointed script.  It's as if the writers couldn't decide if they were telling the story of Steve Jobs or of Apple itself.   There were also huge leaps in time that left one wondering "how did we get here?"   We Apple fans likely know, but the general audience?  Doubtful.  
Who cares. Bose sucks. Totally overpriced garbage, especially in the "premium" home audio space.
Absolutely agree. Samsung doesn't do things by accident. They have been in panic mode since the original iPhone was introduced. Their panic increased exponentially with the release of the iPhone 4. I am convinced that Samsung had at least something to do with antenna-gate. Since then, the exponential panic machine has been in full swing. They peaked out this fall by pushing up the release date for the Note 4, and obviously by engaging in the phony bendgate...
 I think I was unclear.  I meant the iOS remote app sucks.  It's hard to use and laggy after you "wake up" your phone.  The hardware remote is fine.  Funny enough, I never considered programming my regular IR remote to work with the Apple TV (actually I see you can program the Apple TV itself to work with the remote).  I'm going to do that today.  
 I wouldn't say it was "horrible."  I think Kutcher did a really nice job, actually.  He worked hard at Job's mannerisms and really tried to get "inside" Jobs' head.  The problem with the movie, IMO, is that it couldn't decide if it wanted to be a Jobs biopic or the story of Apple.  Having been made in 2013, it started with the introduction of the iPod...in 2001.  What?  Then it jumped around from Jobs and his life, to many of the Apple milestones and events we Apple fans...
 And I was posting here 6 years before you discovered this website.  True story.  I've seen many a troll come and go during nearly 15 years of posting here.  If you're not trolling, then you actually believe what you write...which means you're simply ignorant.   The entire "bendgate scandal" is manufactured.  It's even more so than "antenna-gate."  At this point it should be obvious that Samsung's marketing department is run by a bunch of millennial smartasses who create...
Good. Current remote sucks. Hard to use, difficult to accurately select menu options. I always overshoot and end up going back to the main screen.
 Pardon me, but you're kidding, right?  Do you honestly mean to tell me that you only believe Big Oil and the military industrial complex stand to profit by embracing one side or the other?  This is about much more than financial gains...it is about global wealth redistribution and raw political power.  The United States will bear the brunt of of any "solutions" to this non-existent problem, while the developing world (including China and India) will not see virtually any...
Apple is DOOMED!