or Connect

Posts by SDW2001

OK, BR.  You're out of the box.  How long you remain out is up to you.  I confess, I just had to see what you posted on the SCOTUS decision.    First, let me say this:  Screw the false dilemma.  There are many people who support same sex marriage, and many who oppose.  Most of the latter (at least the ones I've read) don't harbor animus towards gays.  They oppose same sex marriage for a variety of reasons, often rooted in their faiths.  It's not a question of society...
Not really.  The problem appears to be with iCloud Library.  
Well, you convinced me.  I turned off TRIM a few moments ago.  One reason was that I was still getting occasional hangs...that added to your points about it not affecting performance given my usage and age of the drive, and it's not worth the risk.  As you note, if I have an affected drive, data loss WILL occur.  Not worth it.  
 Right, you're excited about Windows 10.  That's probably because Windows 8 was such a pile of steaming manure that they skipped calling it Windows 9 (fact).  I'll take any Apple software over M$.    I tend to agree with that.  But it's not just about user experience, it's about the number of business elements present.  App store.  iTunes store. iBooks store.  iTunes Match.  iCloud.  iCloud photo library.  To be honest, I (as an experienced Apple user) can't keep it all...
 Thank you.  EOT.  
 Yeah, I am.  I find it disturbing that folks like you cannot seem to see the clear failures of this administration.       And administration which is run by...whom?  The Chief Executive? Yeah, thought so.  This goes back to never taking accountability for anything, which permeates the culture of "dude, that was like two years ago."  When Abu Grahib came to light, Rumsfeld twice tried to resign, even though he knew he had nothing to do with it whatsoever.  The only that...
 Dumbest?  Whose dumb..Apple?  Users?     I have no idea what that means.   Well, that's why we back things up, especially with new software.    Again, I don't know what this means.  The only thing it needs to do?   Sounds like a pretty bad bug.  Repeat after me:  Back up.    OK, this is where you go off the rails.  I haven't read of anyone calling you or other users "dumb."  And the only thing that is "proven" is that some users are having problems with merging libraries,...
SIRI hasn't been working for me for about 30 mins. It says it lost the connection, but other apps function fine.
 I simply mean the operating system is a key factor, at least in reported issues.    I think I implied I thought it was a firmware issue.   I don't know about that.  The drive has over 100GB available, so I doubt that's it.  4GB RAM is the max on this system, and that's what I have.  Perhaps my performance issue was unrelated.    OK.    Understood.  If Could be.  I haven't checked.    Any word on how many drives are affected?  If the problem is in the firmware and they...
 I did.  The above means it has everything to do with the operating system.    Explain "very similar" and why that means it will happen with OS X.    I agree.  It also doesn't mean the problem affects everyone.   The problem with that is thus far, I've seen a noticeable improvement in my performance.  I am not getting the beach ball during routine operations anymore.  I was getting serious lag in Safari at times, and now it is gone.  Until I see a confirmed case of a user...