or Connect

Posts by SDW2001

They focused on software under Ballmer? Uh, no. They introduced the Zune under him, and directly criticized and mocked the iPhone as the "most expensive phone in the world." Ballmer stupidly tried to compete with Apple on hardware, the very mistake Apple made in the 1980s.
 I would agree his actions had something to do with it.  I would disagree his actions were the sole reason.    Who knows.  She'll be a formidable candidate for sure.  The sense of inevitability is gone, however.  Of course the GOP is afraid of her and is attacking here--that's obvious, and that's politics.  That doesn't invalidate everything they and others say, however.  She's got some serious drawbacks as a candidate.      I'm not sure I see the point of the above rant,...
 Claimed civilian lives?  That's an interesting way to put it.  Military action always results in unintended casualties.  There is no way around that...it's regrettable, but you can't expect the populace to be up in arms given all the problems we face here at home.   As for the so-called Dream Act, I disagree with the assertion that nothing will improve until things get better in South America.  We can improve the situation for us immediately by using the military to...
    I heard that it invalidates all decisions they've made since their date of service.  It also means they instantly lose their jobs.  
hmm  Um, because our actions in Yemen are not absolutely wrong, illegal and harmful to Americans?  I'm not saying our actions are absolutely right, legal and beneficial, either.  There is certainly room for debate.  But by virtue of your statement above, you are comparing fighting Islamic terrorism to using the most powerful government agency in the world to target private citizens and public groups due to their political views.   As for immigration, I'm not sure what you...
 You're essentially correct.  The problem is not really partisanship, it's a cabal of "leaders" who are addicted to the massive spending, big-government we have.  This includes both political parties.  The Republicans tend to be a little better than the Democrats in this area, but very few are proposing the real structural changes needed.  For now, the dollar's hegemony is keeping us afloat.  We can print money, because we control what is essentially the world's money...
 I don't know what the statutes would be on criminal negligence in this case.  There are state laws on criminal negligence leading to damages (bodily, financial, etc.), but as far as I can tell there aren't specific federal laws (or even others) relating to criminal negligence in general as it applies to performing one's overall duties as President.   Criminal negligence is a legal term, usually applying to bodily harm (criminally negligent medical malpractice, for...
  Good point.  
http://www.wnd.com/2014/06/irs-chief-scorched-as-liar/   These videos are pretty amazing.  I don't think I've ever seen Congress go after someone this hard in public.   Ditto on never having seen such evasive and absurd answers.   If anything leads to impeachment, it's going to be this.  These e-mails are the new 18 minute gap in the Watergate tapes.  
 And I'd like to be able to print money.  Neither will happen, and neither is a very good idea.