or Connect

Posts by SDW2001

Keep twisting yourself into a pretzel. People have been making that ridiculous argument for years. The fact is that no, we cannot debate what Communism is. We know what it is, because we've seen it. We know what it leads to. Any "debate" about what a Communism is or could be is utterly stupid and completely misguided. It's also purely academic. Period,
I wasn't clear. What I meant was I'm not sure what the point of defending the comments is. It makes no difference if he was "right." It never did. He shouldn't have said it, and the pro-Obama media went absolutely nuts with it. I actually think he could have sprained himself better by simply saying the words didn't come out the right way and that what he really meant was (insert whatever political answer you want). I personally thought it was a throw away comment...
I'm not sure what the point of that article is. Romney was referring to the electoral math. It appeared in the video that he linked those who don't pay federal income taxes with those who vote for Obama automatically. That was the problem. Even though it was a private event and there was some truth to what he was saying, it gave the Democrats a huge hammer in their Rich Out of Touch White Guy Toolbox, one which they used effectively. Whether he was right or not...
Wait...what? I've been away for a while, so I must say I'm taken aback at how misguided some of these comments are. First we had someone essentially stating that Communism doesn't work because it hasn't been done right, and that he's "mad" that the USSR and China get to define it. Then, we have you stating that Americans only think Communism s bad because "that's what we've been told ". Jesus.Has it ever occurred to you that people don't like Communism because, uh,...
Oh Jesus. Another "Communism hasn't worked because it hasn't been done right" argument. Gun. Mouth. Insert.
That sounds credible to me. I don't think it's just the economy, either. When looking at this issue of demand, I look at my own usage and buying plans as a starting point. Normally, I'd be planning to buy another MBP at this point (mine is 4 years old, 500GB, 4GB RAM, 2.6GHZ I believe). The machine is getting slow and requires a lot of disk and memory maintenance. However, I'm going to go at least another year with it unless it blows up. Why? Because I rarely use...
I'd love to see Apple and other tech giants team up and just completely bail on the Chinese. Pull out of retail completely and move your manufacturing to other nations. I'm sure South America and the U.S. would love to have you. Better yet, pull out in dramatic fashion utterly embarrass them by writing an open letter calling the Chinese out on their oppressive society and Communist evil.
You're such a sad man. The nation is going down the shitter, and you're gloating. The President is lying, dividing us, bankrupting the nation, avoiding any and all responsiblty, violating civil liberties, breaking the law, intimidating Benghazi survivors, appointing idiotic pro-Iran and anti-Israeli cabinet members and generally wrecking everything in sight. Meanwhile, the Democratic Party is either silent or gloating right along with you. And the GOP is no better. ...
 Hey look over there...the GOP is terrible and Romney lost! What? What's that....Obama has show himself to be the most inept, incompetent and dishonest President we've ever had? We're $16.5 Trillion debt? The world is on fire? Many on both sides of aisle condemned his AG for not ruling out killing U.S. citizens on American soil with drones in the absence of an imminent threat? He ran around the country screaming about the sequester and canceled White House tours...
Stupid. I have a $50 Breathalyzer just for kicks. It's compact and seems to be fairly accurate. No reason to plug a dongle into my phone.