or Connect

Posts by SDW2001

The first thing worth noting about that video is the end.  It states that variations in C02 "produce" warming.  We know this is not the case.   Beyond that, let me ask you something:  Why is the Earth not warming as predicted?  According to your hipster-narrated video, the greenhouse effect should be so intense that we should see some serious, potentially catastrophic warming.  Why has it not happened?  
 Glad I amuse you.  I find it equally amusing when asshats like yourself have no explanation for the lack of observable global warming.  It's even funnier when you attempt one.    Do I really need to provide links?  Are you living under a rock?    Well, I have no affiliation with the oil industry, far from it.  As for being a "gullible idiot," I suppose you're free to hold me in whatever esteem you choose.  Thus far, I have done nothing but point out facts.  Namely,  The...
 I'll indulge the analogy.  In it, the asteroid is actually not appearing larger, and often appears smaller.  The computer models said it would be X size by now, and it's only 1% of X.   Thanks for the YouTube video, champ.  
This may actually be a good idea for me. Hmmmm.....
 I know, and agree.  It's really puzzling.  I was surprised when they went with Haswell, and even more surprised when Intel announced quad core Broadwell like a week later.   What bugs me is that Apple is charging a real premium for these machines, which are now using an architecture that is nearly two generations old.   It's $2,000 for the base model, and that only comes with 256GB of storage.  I'd want at least 512, and would probably just go for the faster processor and...
    So, the models "clearly overestimated"  warming.  They are always improving as more data is available.  Let me ask then...at what point do they become even reasonably accurate? How long will this take?  how many grossly inaccurate predictions can be made before one questions the entire theory of AGW?  There seems to be no limit with you.    Should?  Might?  Could?  Not surprising at all.  But so far, it has not.  And that's equally unsurprising, because we know it...
 I really got away from this thread somehow.  Anyway, my issues with the claimed warming trend go much beyond the fact that .5 degrees isn't significant.  Let's start with the fact that the data on GAT has been manipulated repeatedly.  From there, let's consider how accurate our GAT calculations are, even from 100 years ago.  Are you telling me that even measured temperatures could be accurate to that level?  Given the equipment we had 100+ years ago, I don't see how.  Now...
Pretty much on board with others here: While we don't know how successful Apple Music will be, history tells us the music industry really sucks at knowing what's coming. They utterly failed to see the trends on legitimate downloads and the removal of DRM. Not exactly a track record I'd be proud of.
 I should clarify that my comment above could easily be taken out of context.  I was really just expressing my changed view now that the update was Haswell-based.  I was previously running around here making predictions based on the notion the mid-May update would be Broadwell.  Others were saying they might pre-announce Skylake  (which I thought highly unlikely) or go Broadwell now and then Skylake by October.   If by "impending" you mean fall, I don't know.  It doesn't...