or Connect

Posts by SDW2001

Pretty much on board with others here: While we don't know how successful Apple Music will be, history tells us the music industry really sucks at knowing what's coming. They utterly failed to see the trends on legitimate downloads and the removal of DRM. Not exactly a track record I'd be proud of.
 I should clarify that my comment above could easily be taken out of context.  I was really just expressing my changed view now that the update was Haswell-based.  I was previously running around here making predictions based on the notion the mid-May update would be Broadwell.  Others were saying they might pre-announce Skylake  (which I thought highly unlikely) or go Broadwell now and then Skylake by October.   If by "impending" you mean fall, I don't know.  It doesn't...
 Wow, you really can't let this go, can you?  I think the problem is that we're not understanding one another on what I mean by "addicted."  I am not referring to specific people, but the numbers of people currently on the subsidy model.  I believe that this is what various executives mean when they make these kinds of statements.  Customers as a whole are addicted to it.  That said, I agree the market is changing rapidly, as you note.     You can disagree all you want,...
 It depends on what you mean by "beating."  In domestic sales, Samsung has more than double the market share compared to LG (26 percent to 11 percent).  Globally, it's close to double (20%-12%).   I don't recall a time where Samsung TV's ever being "cheap."  They've been higher priced since flat panels became mainstream.   I'm not a cheerleader, mind you.  I think the only thing by Samsung I own is a blu-ray player from like 4 years ago.  I have a 9 year old Panasonic...
Looks like things have certainly changed since the MBP refresh wasn't Broadwell, and since Intel announced a week later that Broadwell quad core was available.   The chances of a Skylake MBP by early next year (or at least a Broadwell version in fall) are much higher.  
 That's a little extreme.  Samsung as a company makes some great stuff, especially televisions.  It's their mobile division that's a joke. 
 I can't disagree with any of that, really.  I would definitely agree with the lack of media coverage.  Perhaps you would have ranted about it then had we encountered one another on a forum such as this.     Not just circumstantial, but circumstantial at best.  The fact that these companies profited doesn't necessarily mean "profiteering."   Some have gotten a really bad rap, too.  Halliburton, the number one company on that list, is one of the only entities in the world...
 Obviously someone needs a little work in the finer points of being facetious.  I'm saying nothing more than I've been playing this game longer than you have.      It was a joke.  Just, wow.    Could you show me where I predicted doom for Apple Pay?  You got all that from "haven't found a merchant that accepts it yet," which was my original post in its entirety.  Obviously, you took that to mean that I wasn't aware of anyone who accepts it, and decided to post something...
 I'm literally laughing out loud right now.  Think about what you're arguing.  You're telling me that industry executives have not talked about consumers (on the whole) being addicted to the subsidy-contract model.  Seriously?  I want you to think about what that means, and what it doesn't mean.  I am not saying it can't change or isn't changing.  I am not saying that companies are failing to sell installment plans.  I am not saying the future lies in subsidies.  I am...