or Connect

Posts by SDW2001

You don't seem to get his point (which was made in response to me, by the way).  He's saying not just that AT&T will pass on the cost, but ALL companies of every kind pass on costs.  That's the nature of business.  
http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-statement-on-charleston-shooting-2015-6  First, he's wrong (totally) on gun rights and what would actually reduce gun violence. Beyond better background checks and better mental health services, passing additional laws restricting law abiding citizens' rights is both unconstitutional and will be ineffective.   Secondly, no...we're not the only advanced country where this kind of thing happens.  We are, however, one of the only nations...
Lifeline is absurd to begin with. We're dealing with a cultural and political mentality that is so ass backwards: The more people dependent on government programs, the better. In fact, just the opposite is true.
 I suppose that's true, though I think the larger point is that the threat of extreme data throttling essentially makes "unlimited" meaningless. If I can't reasonably use my "unlimited" plan beyond 5Gb a month, it's not unlimited in reality.    Well, courts haven't for a long time, actually.  
 He's not really using a strawman, just more of an exaggeration.  I think you're missing the overall point, though I agree he's off topic.  As for your rant, are you honestly suggesting that without government regulations, your description of work conditions would occur?  In today's market?  I'm not arguing against all regulation, mind you.  I'm just asking.  
 Well, I finally had a chance to read the entire publication.  Incidentally, I believe I've come across it before, though I can't recall if I read the entire thing.   Let me start by acknowledging the question of "is temperature ever adjusted downward" was off base.  I'm not even sure why I asked it, because obviously there are a multitude of adjustments made for many reasons (urban/rural station balance, elevation changes, even time of day of measurements).   All I can...
That's what bothers me too. I don't see why they even need to grandfather us at this point. Just stop offering the plans when people upgrade. But making "unlimited" in effect limited is why they got nailed.
in principle I agree. Not sure they'd be able to pass on a one time judgement that easily. Either way, I just think it's funny, because ATT sucks.
Muppetry, I'm honestly sorry you feel that way. What I don't appreciate is the consistent condescension your show, using phrases like "you can't even be bothered to…" I have not had a chance to read the entire paper as of yet. I openly stated that. Perhaps what I did not mention is that when I have a few moments, I will sit down and read the paper in it's entirety. Perhaps that will keep your head from exploding, and will allow you to actually discuss some of the points...
Bwahahahahaha.   LOVE it.  I get warnings all the time now.  I don't think I ever get throttled, but their network sucks and I'm probably bailing next time I get a new phone.