or Connect

Posts by SDW2001

There's nothing left to defend.  Only the loonies are at it now.  Even the NYT has bailed.  
  Yes, it is.  And anyone that thinks it hasn't been going for decades (in a much bigger way) is living in a dream world.     All of this is nonsense.  It's political theater.  It was political theater when the Bush warrantless wiretap story broke, and it's the same thing now.  We're all running around talking about PRISM and metadata and FISA.  It's all crap.  The monitor every bit of electronic data, all the time.  Anyone disagree?  
  That is a very good point.  My assumption this is yet another planned leak to distract from what's really going on.  It's my contention that the government has monitored all electronic communication for at least 30 years.  Phones.  Internet.  Content...of everything.       I doubt that's true.        Do you have any evidence our government has done that?  You raise this issue of false flags constantly.   But "false flag" is really just code for "our...
Ah, the new talking point. Check!
    Good points, especially if one believes that Obama is an Alinsky-ite.  What people fail to realize is that "remaking America" wasn't a lie.  It's just that he meant something different than people thought.  They thought he meant pulling troops from Iraq, building roads, and bridges, and schools.  What he actually meant was expanding the administrative state and growing government exponentially.  He meant that expanding entitlements and social welfare programs...
  The Bush Administration didn't oppose investigating what happened.  They initially opposed a special commission.  Isn't it also possible they didn't want it to become the useless circus it became?       Do you have any evidence that this is true, or are you just espousing conspiracy theories again?  
  We withdrew.  If you choose to characterize it as cutting and running, that's fine.         I don't see the relevance.  As the Obamatrons are quick to point out, the President can easily have a working vacation.       Yes.       They weren't.  Bush initially opposed a commission. I don't know exactly why.  Do you?       There were several, with more casualties than in Benghazi.  That does not make those attacks the same as Benghazi.  Benghazi is about denied security,...
    That's where I was going above.  The next step, in my opinion, is much higher level integration.  Voice interaction and gestures would let one perform tasks independent of having to use an "app."  The app system is great...it was nearly revolutionary back in 2007, but now it's feeling long in the tooth.  One has to sort through various apps to find the one he wants to use.  Then he has to switch to another app.  Other than games, the integration with the OS could be...
I think that iOS needs a revamp as well, and not just for UI. It's time for another paradigm shift. Apple essentially invented the modern smartphone interface...heck...one could say that with the exception of BlackBerry, they invented the smartphone itself. They made phones true handheld computers, and of course made "apps" the way of the world. When I think about the next step, I think it's about app integration with the OS. Right now, one basically has to open an...
  To be fair, I don't think we really know what that statement means. I also doubt that electronic/counting fraud was the problem this time around. I think it had to do with massive minority turnout, Obama's fantastic ground game compared to the dated GOP ground game, media bias, and mistakes by Romney himself.  I'd also throw a little bad luck in there (i.e. Hurricane Sandy).