or Connect

Posts by SDW2001

I'ts not the same thing at all. And, as someone who despises all major cable companies with a passion, I can tell you that ala carte channels will simply not work--at least not anytime soon. The reason is that the first channels to fail will be the small, but popular ones...such as Animal Planet. They get revenue, in part, based on monthly fees paid by the cable companies (who in turn charge consumers as part of a package). Brian Roberts, CEO of Comcast, has...
President Obama's weakness, indecision and general incompetence have resulted in many problems to date, from a still-weak economy, to a disastrous healthcare bill, to dead Americans in Benghazi. But there are three situations in the world that may well lead to another major military conflict, and perhaps even a nuclear confrontation: Syria. Iran. North Korea. All three of these situations have been handled in an extremely weak and dangerous way. North Korea's...
  Just to clarify...are you saying that no U.S. citizen cannot be denied his Constitutional right to a fair trial, no matter what the circumstances?              Yes, we are.           We disagree.  There are people who legitimately differ on this point.         Attacking Fox via the Daily Show is just silly.   
  He was charged under the criminal justice system, which I think was the right call.  As you note, he's an American citizen.  Moreover, he was captured on U.S. soil and is suspected of attacking civilians.   I do think it would be different if he was proven to be a representative of a foreign government, or if he was captured in act of taking up arms against our military.  I think designating him as an enemy combatant would be appropriate in that case, or perhaps if we...
I haven't followed the thread, but I'd be interested on where people stand on charging suspect 2 vs. designating him an enemy combatant. Given that he's a US citizen captured on US soil engaged in attacking civilians, I think he needs to go through the normal criminal justice system. If he was captured overseas in the act of engaging our armed forces, or was a clearly an operative of another government, that would be different. I also think an exception might be made...
Keep twisting yourself into a pretzel. People have been making that ridiculous argument for years. The fact is that no, we cannot debate what Communism is. We know what it is, because we've seen it. We know what it leads to. Any "debate" about what a Communism is or could be is utterly stupid and completely misguided. It's also purely academic. Period,
I wasn't clear. What I meant was I'm not sure what the point of defending the comments is. It makes no difference if he was "right." It never did. He shouldn't have said it, and the pro-Obama media went absolutely nuts with it. I actually think he could have sprained himself better by simply saying the words didn't come out the right way and that what he really meant was (insert whatever political answer you want). I personally thought it was a throw away comment...
I'm not sure what the point of that article is. Romney was referring to the electoral math. It appeared in the video that he linked those who don't pay federal income taxes with those who vote for Obama automatically. That was the problem. Even though it was a private event and there was some truth to what he was saying, it gave the Democrats a huge hammer in their Rich Out of Touch White Guy Toolbox, one which they used effectively. Whether he was right or not...
Wait...what? I've been away for a while, so I must say I'm taken aback at how misguided some of these comments are. First we had someone essentially stating that Communism doesn't work because it hasn't been done right, and that he's "mad" that the USSR and China get to define it. Then, we have you stating that Americans only think Communism s bad because "that's what we've been told ". Jesus.Has it ever occurred to you that people don't like Communism because, uh,...
Oh Jesus. Another "Communism hasn't worked because it hasn't been done right" argument. Gun. Mouth. Insert.