or Connect

Posts by SDW2001

This comment reflects a stunning ignorance on your part.   This ignorance is one of what motivates business and how it behaves, as well as the effects on economic activity high tax rates have.   Corporations are certain to do one thing:  Act in their own self-interest.  You can tax them and regulate them all you want, but it is in their very nature to make as much money and find as many loopholes as possible.  This is not evil, it is just reality.  The problem here is...
 It's even worse than that.  The real list would read something like this:   Massive economic damage People dying from cold and hunger due to lack of fuel Skyrocketing energy prices Negative environmental consequences of both wind and solar power (both well-documented) A bankrupt government devoid of needed tax revenue  Air and water no cleaner than today's  Corrupt businesses managing "carbon credits" and taxes  
muppetry,  I just want to address this part of your post, because it seems to be the most important.  I want to be clear that I am not trying discredit the field of climate science.  I am simply saying that virtually none of the predictions with respect to warming have come to pass--not the in last 40 years.  Moreover, the scientific method is NOT being embraced by a great number of people in the Church of Global Warming.  They are absolutely not reevaluating the models....
 In general, I agree scientific funding is not based on following the consensus.  But in reality for this issue, it absolutely is.  Do you honestly think there are as many research dollars out there (private and public) for those whose theorems revolve around debunking man-made climate change?Do you honestly not see that enormous pressure on scientists to accept the mythical "consensus" on this issue?    So, the negative has never been proven?  Is that honestly what you're...
It's not that "scientists are in it for the money." It's that there are economic realities. Researchers must often be published, compete for grant money, etc. They have a vested economic interest in adhering to the so-called consensus on GW. It's analogous to teaching. We teachers aren't in it for the money, either. But we still are influenced by economic factors. What I don't understand is why people recognize this with regard to profits for Big a Oil, but not on...
 Of course it does.  See, only one side of this debate has a financially driven agenda.  Right?   Wrong.  The powers behind the curtain have every bit as much an agenda as Big Energy does.   This sets up the issue to be about what everything is ALWAYS about:  MONEY.    On one side, we have the green energy lobby, extreme environmentalists, PETA-types, scientists who are completely dependent on research funding to exist, and those politicians/radicals who wish to...
 Indeed.  Of all the words I wrote in response, it really comes down to the fact that he thinks Americans are unsophisticated, unintelligent and not curious about the world... because they don't travel as much as Europeans do.  That's what this whole ridiculous argument is about.  This is more boring than arguing with jimmac.  
 Hmm.  I guess that's sort of like how Climate Change Enthusiasts rail on about pro-fossil fuel bias, but assume nothing but the purest of motives and intentions when discussing those who promote and embrace global warming and its "solutions."      Yes, yes.  It's much easier to label your debate opponent as inflexible and narrow-minded.  Tell me, what are  "my views?"   I don't even recall sharing many with you.  What I've done is lampoon your caricature of Americans....
 But you've done little to no research.  What you have presented shows, at most, correlation.  I have presented several figures which directly contradict what you've posted.    Not really, no.  The U.S. has many guns, and many gun deaths.  We know this.  What you're doing is presuming that correlation=causation. The next step is to take the position that "guns are too easy to get," so we need more restrictions or a handgun ban.  That's when the wheels really come off the...
Great statistics.  Of course, they don't tell us anything other than "the U.S. has a lot of gun deaths."   No point in investigating why that is the case.  Better to just watch Yosemite Sam cartoons while nodding to one's self "yes, Americans."