or Connect

Posts by SDW2001

Eh, I think it depends on your system and what bit rate you're referring to.  If you're talking about a great system, set-up properly, you very well may hear the difference between 128 and 256kbs, particularly at high volume levels, and depending on the type of music.    I agree.  I suspect anything over 128Kbps is irrelevant in the real world of a car environment.  I do hear the difference between high quality AAC and Satellite radio, but that's because the latter is 40...
Good point, but probably not relevant here since we are talking about AAC exclusively on iTunes/Apple Music.  
 I didn't write that at all.  I quoted/paraphrased another member who was discussing the issue of high quality audio years ago.    LOL.  You're going to go there?  How could you possibly know my musical skills?  And where in the hell did I write that quoting an AI member represented "my idea" of being a musician?  I wasn't even talking about me.  I was talking about the mass market's idea of what's "good enough."  Jesus.  Oh, and if you want to discuss my musical...
 This is getting tiresome.  While I enjoy debating issues, I'm really not into arguing for the sake of doing so.  It seems you are.  I'll try one more time: Obama is our first black President.  One would think that being so, he would be talking about the issues that affect the black community most.  What he's doing instead is focusing on issues that are virtually non-existent (e.g. white on black racism in police forces).  He is doing so for political gain.  He is also...
Interesting, I didn't know you had that background. I disagree about the type of music affected completely. Classical (I hate that term) or orchestral has many more high frequencies, or is at least more complex. As for telling the difference in speakers, that's another matter. I don't doubt your account, but I don't think it's representative of musicians' ability to discern sound quality.
I'll answer the quality question as a musician: Anything above 256kbps is virtually indistinguishable on common playback methods (car audio, consumer stereo equipment, ear buds, higher end consumer headphones, etc.). This is especially true for the most common genres of Rap, Rock, Pop, R&B, Electronic/Dance, and even Jazz. A trained ear will likely hear differences is depth and timbre when listening to Classical (specifically orchestral) on good equipment. Even then,...
 "As a side note, do you think highlighting "black on black"  crime would be an argument against gun control?  Of course it wouldn't.  "     That is what you posted.  It is a textbook strawman.  The rest is just more of you being the Obama apologist that you are.  
 That's true, even though he is, in fact, wrong.    On what issue?   I didn't say he shouldn't speak out on events.  I'm taking issue with what he says.  Calling the Cambridge police "stupid" surely wasn't a good idea, and was obviously motivated by his view towards law enforcement's overall treatment of African Americans.  Saying "If I had a son, he might look like Trayvon" wasn't productive in any way.  All it did was highlight race in a case where race wasn't a factor....
 You accused me of politicizing this the way way Obama has.  Correct?     No.  Strawman noted, by the way.    Yes, he feels it galvanizes audiences, and that's what politicians do.  The question is why he seeks to do so.  He favors not only stricter gun control, but "redistributive change" along racial lines (his term).  Part of understanding his approach to gun control is understanding his view on race, class and economics, not to mention his view on how to achieve...
 Ugh.  Really, must you be this obtuse?  I am not an elected official pushing an agenda of his own.  Obama is.  He and many others in positions of power are ​using tragedies (selectively) to push for a pre-existing agenda, primarily consisting of gun control.