or Connect

Posts by SDW2001

Umm, it's not an assumption.  Liberal groups were not targeted.   http://oversight.house.gov/release/new-oversight-report-debunks-myth-liberal-groups-targeted-irs/ http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/04/confirmed-irs-agent-testifies-no-liberal-groups-were-targeted/ Those aren't neutral sources, but in this case they really don't need to be.  We know that conservative groups/Tea Party groups and even voter education/anti-election fraud groups were targeted.  We know...
 We aren't even there yet. The claim was that an equivalent $40 Billion expenditure would solve world hunger.  In fact, not even that...the claim was the there mere act of the U.S. reducing our defense budget by that amount would solve the problem.  There wasn't even any follow-up on where that money would go!
 If you think that statement could possibly be true, then you're part of the problem.  You're claiming that if the United States reduced its defense budget by about 40 billion dollars, we could end world hunger.  Laughably stupid in so many ways.  
 That's stupid.  
This is bad for consumers, certainly. As a Prime member, I love paying $100 a year so Amazon can tell me I can't order certain things at all.
 I don't agree.  jimmac brings this up for one reason:  gloating.  He LOVES that we didn't find WMD in Iraq.  He also paints a picture where every conservative who supported the war was wrong, and that somehow them being wrong makes them wrong about everything for the rest of their lives.  He doesn't read, but I've posted many times that the belief that Saddam had WMD was nearly universal at the time, from conservatives to liberals, from the GOP to the Democrats, from the...
 I started that thread on 9/4/2012.  Show me one thing from that OP that was wrong at the time.  By the way...that phrase you're using?  I don't think you know what it means.  
 Totally unrealistic and counter to the principles of the free market.  Capital flows along the path of least resistance.  If you want Apple to bring more money back into the U.S., you have to remove some of the obstacles.  Secondly, they get beneficial tax treatment because that's the law. The complexity of international tax law is way beyond what any of us laymen understand.  You can't just wave a wand and say "you have to pay U.S. tax rates now!"  
 Exactly.  Ireland has certain laws that are beneficial.  It's not at all surprising that corporations choose to do business there.  It would be no different than if Pennsylvania said it was eliminating all corporate taxes for 10 years.  Businesses would flock to the state.  
 I'm just going by the polling data.  I'm not sure why reading a large portion of data and summarizing various sources' conclusions would be amusing.    I don't know to what you are referring.    Wow.  10 years later, and you're still bringing up WMDs in Iraq.  That's impressive.  As for "incredibly wrong about everything," that's a wildly exaggerated and inaccurate claim.     Impeachment has nothing to do with punishing a President.  ;)   Well, apparently you don't read...