or Connect

Posts by SDW2001

You're essentially correct.  The problem is not really partisanship, it's a cabal of "leaders" who are addicted to the massive spending, big-government we have.  This includes both political parties.  The Republicans tend to be a little better than the Democrats in this area, but very few are proposing the real structural changes needed.  For now, the dollar's hegemony is keeping us afloat.  We can print money, because we control what is essentially the world's money...
 I don't know what the statutes would be on criminal negligence in this case.  There are state laws on criminal negligence leading to damages (bodily, financial, etc.), but as far as I can tell there aren't specific federal laws (or even others) relating to criminal negligence in general as it applies to performing one's overall duties as President.   Criminal negligence is a legal term, usually applying to bodily harm (criminally negligent medical malpractice, for...
  Good point.  
http://www.wnd.com/2014/06/irs-chief-scorched-as-liar/   These videos are pretty amazing.  I don't think I've ever seen Congress go after someone this hard in public.   Ditto on never having seen such evasive and absurd answers.   If anything leads to impeachment, it's going to be this.  These e-mails are the new 18 minute gap in the Watergate tapes.  
 And I'd like to be able to print money.  Neither will happen, and neither is a very good idea.  
 Sure it is.  But I said "exists in reality."    Yeah, good luck with that.   What are you going to charge him with?  Who's going to charge him?  In what venue?  Criminal justice proceedings require the violation of a criminal statute.  As many times as Obama has broken "the law," I'm not aware of any criminal statutes he's broken. That doesn't mean he can't be impeached, but detained and charged with something?  Not going to happen.  
 I don't think the concept of a citizen's arrest exist in reality, to be honest.  It might be nice to think about, but what are you going to do...detain the President until the police arrive?  And then what?  
"Fair to the class?"  That's not your decision, judge.  The plaintiffs' counsel agreed to the settlement.  Obviously they feel it's fair.  Anyone who doesn't can opt out and pursue his own litigation.  
South Dakota legislators pass Obama impeachment resolution.    Doesn't mean anything officially, of course, though I do think it shows the movement on this issue over the past month.  If anything does it, it will probably be the IRS scandal.  These missing e-mails are really bad news for Obama.  Republicans and Democrats alike are fuming.     As impossible as I thought impeachment was a few months ago, I have to wonder what the Democrats might do given their panic over...
 I'll go further:  It really depends on the nature of the defect.  Apple may be legally responsible, depending on the circumstances.  For example, what if a company knowingly released defective products and then refused to replace/repair them right after the warranty ended?  A class action lawsuit might be filed.  Depending on outcome (settlement or trial), the company may be held legally responsible.    What we have here, as I said, is a situation that really falls...