or Connect

Posts by SDW2001

He won't listen, as usual.  When his broken clock approach to predicting results inevitably gives him the right time twice a day, he'll strut around and pronounce himself all-seeing.  Let the record show, however, that he has predicted good Democratic results in the midterms, and that Hillary will be elected easily.   Let's all remember that.     Exactly!  I think we should go back to when we first created rudimentary weapons and mastered fire as well.  That would have...
 Pot, meet kettle.  I never claimed anything was a bad idea because you're a statist.  Oh, and as for me "committing," you can go screw.  You're acting a like a big baby, and it's a waste of my time.  Goodbye.  
That depends on with whom you speak, both with the customer and Apple reps.  I've had both very good service, and very poor (and unreasonable) service.  I've had them swap out a year-old iPhone because a button intermittently didn't work, no questions asked.  I've also had them tell me they "weren't interested" in replacing an 8 month old removable Macbook/Powerbook battery because it being a 50% performance was "normal" and it was a "consumable item."  I called back later...
 Everything you have written indicates what you believe.  You can dismiss it as name calling, but it's not.  A person's worldview is central to any discussion like this.  Moreover, I am not telling you what you believe...I am telling you what I gather from your posts.  I notice you haven't engaged in what I posted regarding two different approaches to this issue.  You're too worried about screaming "ad hominem" and getting offended about a simple term.   You're right...
 1.  No, it doesn't matter.  Your support or opposition has absolutely nothing to do with what should be done now.   2.  Why don't you tell me what was "unlawful" about the invasion?  Bueller?  Bueller?   3.  Right, because we invaded Iraq to be a "bully."  Please spare your 5th grade understanding of the world. 4.   Let me get this straight:  None of this sectarian violence and terrorism would have happened were it not for Reagan/Rumsfeld supporting Iraq in the Iraq/Iran...
 No corporation is actually paying 35%, and I think you know that.  Ironically--and this is what you can't seem to understand--if we'd have a flat tax rate of less than 10%, you'd see more revenue and less avoidance.  If you make the rate low enough, Apple et al would have no incentive to use international tax laws to play hide-and-go-seek with their money.     At no time did I call you a totalitarian.  I said you were a Statist.  To be frank, I still think you...
 I'm just going by what I read.  You seem to use words like "demand" a lot, and have at least implied that the reason we should change these laws is that Apple et al are not paying "enough."    If you say so.  Do you mean to tell me you don't think taxation should be used to correct wealth inequality and unfairness?  Come on now, I know you want to tell me.  It will feel good to get it off your chest!  OK.  Let me ask then....are you suggesting the wealthy don't pay enough...
 There isn't any point in debating with him.  He's still claiming that the midterm elections are going to go well for Democrats, and that Hillary might as well be anointed Queen because no one can stop her.  He's also claiming he foresaw everything happening in Iraq all the way back in 2003.  Of course, he ignores that Iraq was actually stable when Barry Soetoro took over.  
 I never claimed he did.  What he did fail to do was get a Status of Forces Agreement in place to allow a U.S. presence and slower draw down.  By 2009, the Iraqis were getting ready to stand up.  The army was coming together, and the security situation was fairly stable.  The US was helping bring different sects together, including Shi'a leader Sistani.  Maliki promised to bring together a coalition government for the sake for a stable Iraq.   As soon as Obama took office,...
 Ah, the "I told ya so."  I was waiting for that.  Your broken-clock-is-right-twice-per-day approach is well known here.  No, jimmac.  I don't recall you basing any opposition on the question of what we would accomplish.  I also don't recall you claiming "10 years from now things will be just as bad."   Either way, that's pointless.  We would not be in this position with competent leadership.  Iraq was relatively stable after the Petraeus troop surge and subsequent U.S....