or Connect

Posts by SDW2001

I'll go further:  It really depends on the nature of the defect.  Apple may be legally responsible, depending on the circumstances.  For example, what if a company knowingly released defective products and then refused to replace/repair them right after the warranty ended?  A class action lawsuit might be filed.  Depending on outcome (settlement or trial), the company may be held legally responsible.    What we have here, as I said, is a situation that really falls...
 Excellent points.  Hillary remains popular with the Democratic base.  But remember, this is the same base that tossed her aside in favor of Barack Obama.  The Clintons never got over that, and never will.  It has caused her to become even more defensive and combative in interviews, as has been demonstrated recently (speaking of which, her team clearly coached her big time for her recent Fox News interview, where she came off much better than she had the first few weeks of...
That's exactly what I'm been saying...that Congress has low overall approval, so it's misleading to just talk about GOP congressional approval.As for your predictions: It absolutely matters what people think about Obama. You yourself believe that the outgoing President plays a major role in what happens in the election. You stated that real reason Bush beat Gore was the sins of Clinton. How is this different? Just as Bush's unpopularity in 2008 played a major role in...
 For once, I commend you on looking at hard data and trying to take a balanced position.   I will mention that I think solely relying on Republican approval/disapproval numbers for the House is highly misleading.  It's not that it doesn't matter, but it ignores the broader political mood, overall Congressional unpopularity, and the unpopularity of the President.  As I said, if you use those numbers alone, then you're right...one could argue that the GOP is less popular...
 Well said, trump.  Very well said.  I tend to be less of an isolationist, though I can certainly see the merit in letting them all kill each other "over there."  It feels good to say "screw it....have at it, boys."  I don't think it's realistic, especially after 9/11, but I like the idea.  
 You didn't.  You simply tried to claim I did state it.  I neither did that. nor implied as much.   Granted, I don't agree with what I perceive to be your underlying philosophy on corporate taxation and the way you'd "reform" the system.   I don't think those changes will ultimately be beneficial to anyone, as I explained in detail.  However, I'm not claiming they won't work and are "bad ideas" because of what I perceive your beliefs to be.    Wrong.  I absolutely did...
 He won't listen, as usual.  When his broken clock approach to predicting results inevitably gives him the right time twice a day, he'll strut around and pronounce himself all-seeing.  Let the record show, however, that he has predicted good Democratic results in the midterms, and that Hillary will be elected easily.   Let's all remember that.     Exactly!  I think we should go back to when we first created rudimentary weapons and mastered fire as well.  That would have...
 Pot, meet kettle.  I never claimed anything was a bad idea because you're a statist.  Oh, and as for me "committing," you can go screw.  You're acting a like a big baby, and it's a waste of my time.  Goodbye.  
That depends on with whom you speak, both with the customer and Apple reps.  I've had both very good service, and very poor (and unreasonable) service.  I've had them swap out a year-old iPhone because a button intermittently didn't work, no questions asked.  I've also had them tell me they "weren't interested" in replacing an 8 month old removable Macbook/Powerbook battery because it being a 50% performance was "normal" and it was a "consumable item."  I called back later...
 Everything you have written indicates what you believe.  You can dismiss it as name calling, but it's not.  A person's worldview is central to any discussion like this.  Moreover, I am not telling you what you believe...I am telling you what I gather from your posts.  I notice you haven't engaged in what I posted regarding two different approaches to this issue.  You're too worried about screaming "ad hominem" and getting offended about a simple term.   You're right...