or Connect

Posts by SDW2001

I bet the number isn't even close to to 1%.   If it was, they'd have already done something about it.  A 1% defect rate in a tech product like this would be astronomical.  
 No.  Have you?  Why does it matter?    No.  Again, why does it matter?    That's quite a leap, friend.  In fact, it seems someone is projecting his own personal problems instead of objectively analyzing the issue.    I see.  So this guy isn't greedy, but Apple, Google and Adobe are.  Oh, and we're to stop calling names, unless it's you calling a large corporation "greedy."  Got it.    Conspiracy?  That's a little harsh.  It was a non-poaching agreement.  They were clearly...
As Apple has had previous replacement and repair programs, I can only assume that the issue never hit critical mass.  That is, there probably aren't enough people affected to warrant such a program.  They are likely to content to deal with it on a  case-by-case basis.  Having dealt with Apple customer service on the phone many times, I can say that it really depends who you talk to.  I've had one guy refuse to replace an 8 month old battery, and another replace, it no...
 Are you an attorney?  Are you in the business of quantifying settlements and awards?  Because if not, you don't know what the hell you're talking about.  We, the general public, have no idea what a "fair" settlement is.  All we know is what the plaintiff's are presenting.  Speaking of which, why do you think the class attorney's agreed to a settlement that was 10% of asking price?  I'll tell you why...because they knew they probably weren't going to win at all, much less...
I love how Samsung has become the new Micro$haft. They were inspired by diamonds? LOL! This article really show out out-of-touch and embarrassing this company is: "After extensive research, they found out that the luster of the color that appeared softly was appealing to consumers in their twenties and thirties." Now, I'm sure Apple does similar research, but they don't base their whole product design around market research. They innovate. They didn't do a survey to...
I don't see what his state of mind or thinking has to do with it. In fact, it makes zero difference. Samsung clearly infringed (is that even in question at this point?) and now it's a question of how much they have to pay.
Had my handset replaced under warranty for this same issue.
 This is what they do.  They live in a world of words---almost exclusively.  If they say it (a statement, a speech, a selfie, a tweet, whatever) then it must be true.  Nowhere is this more dangerous than in regards to foreign policy.   It's bad enough that Obama says things like "the Affordable Care Act is providing millions of people with quality, affordable health insurance."  We all know that's a lie, and that it has done much more harm than good as well as cost...
  I have gained nothing but respect for Mr. Blair over the years.   I didn't care for him much during the Clinton years and Bush years, though I do think his decision to support the US in Iraq and Afghanistan was, frankly, brave (especially given the level public opposition to the Iraq war).  Since then, he has been a leading voice against Islamic extremism.  It's too bad we don't have a President who takes that role. 
 All stereotypes are based in some truth.  They become stereotypes when vast generalizations are made and/or assumptions are drawn thereafter. The implication that women can't answer a quick text with a "yes" or "no" is a perfect example.  I know many women who don't fit the stereotype. iMember's comment was really not pertinent whatsoever.