or Connect

Posts by SDW2001

LOL, are you kidding?  Why?  You might build to order one that expensive, but Apple is not going to nearly double the cost of its pro notebook line because the processor architecture gets updated.  
 Right, BR...because I'm a religious conservative (who rejects science, of course). You lose any and all credibility when you go there.   By the way, C02 does not cause warming.  Historically, it follows warming.  What muppetry and others have claimed is that human emissions will provide another source of emission, and that a sort of feedback loop will form, causing warming.  This hasn't happened, and we don't know why.  I'm sure you'll claim to, however.  
  Sure.    So a predicted increase in GAT of say, 2 degrees vs. an observed increase of .5 degrees is not significant to the overall trend?     See, that is what I mean by speculation.  It seems the only time the Warming Enthusiasts like yourself look for variables that may counteract AGW is when their predictions fail miserably.      Let's stop there, because at present, that statement is utterly false.  You just stated that there are minimal observed impacts at present....
 Didn't realize that, but still tempting.  
muppetry:   Statistically, perhaps.  But what about realistically?  What real consequences have we seen from the supposed .5 degree increase in GAT over the past 100 years?    I accept the validity of the science.  What I do not accept that the notion that statistical significance=real world significance.  What I do not accept is the blatant speculation as to why there has been little to no warming in two decades.    Right, and we're going to base major policy changes on...
 The first thing worth noting about that video is the end.  It states that variations in C02 "produce" warming.  We know this is not the case.   Beyond that, let me ask you something:  Why is the Earth not warming as predicted?  According to your hipster-narrated video, the greenhouse effect should be so intense that we should see some serious, potentially catastrophic warming.  Why has it not happened?  
 Glad I amuse you.  I find it equally amusing when asshats like yourself have no explanation for the lack of observable global warming.  It's even funnier when you attempt one.    Do I really need to provide links?  Are you living under a rock?    Well, I have no affiliation with the oil industry, far from it.  As for being a "gullible idiot," I suppose you're free to hold me in whatever esteem you choose.  Thus far, I have done nothing but point out facts.  Namely,  The...
 I'll indulge the analogy.  In it, the asteroid is actually not appearing larger, and often appears smaller.  The computer models said it would be X size by now, and it's only 1% of X.   Thanks for the YouTube video, champ.  
This may actually be a good idea for me. Hmmmm.....
 I know, and agree.  It's really puzzling.  I was surprised when they went with Haswell, and even more surprised when Intel announced quad core Broadwell like a week later.   What bugs me is that Apple is charging a real premium for these machines, which are now using an architecture that is nearly two generations old.   It's $2,000 for the base model, and that only comes with 256GB of storage.  I'd want at least 512, and would probably just go for the faster processor and...