or Connect

Posts by SDW2001

You accused me of politicizing this the way way Obama has.  Correct?     No.  Strawman noted, by the way.    Yes, he feels it galvanizes audiences, and that's what politicians do.  The question is why he seeks to do so.  He favors not only stricter gun control, but "redistributive change" along racial lines (his term).  Part of understanding his approach to gun control is understanding his view on race, class and economics, not to mention his view on how to achieve...
 Ugh.  Really, must you be this obtuse?  I am not an elected official pushing an agenda of his own.  Obama is.  He and many others in positions of power are ​using tragedies (selectively) to push for a pre-existing agenda, primarily consisting of gun control.  
Not at all.  
"Apple may have experienced a similar, if less severe problem with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. Shortly after the launch of the two phones in September 2014, some reports indicated that Apple had underestimated demand for the 6 Plus and was scrambling to re-adjust production accordingly." --Similar obviously doesn't mean "same." Samsung overestimated demand for non-Edge models, and underestimated demand for Edge models. They got stuck with a glut of lower end phones and...
Yes, yes it is.  When you react to white on black violence the way he does, but completely ignore that absolute EPIDEMIC of black on black gun violence, you are politicizing it.  Pointing out his politicizing and noting that he doesn't address the much bigger problem of inner city, black on black crime (where gun laws are strongest, incidentally) is not politicizing anything.  
   Why do you feel the need to characterize his words?  Can't you argue on the merits?  By the way, is everything Mike Huckabee says complete bullshit?    There are specific laws in place to prevent pedophilia, so I agree.  But Bestiality?  If, as you note, there are states that allow it, what is the argument against it?  The entire point is that Kennedy's decision is written so that the reasoning for changing marriage further is the same as the that in Hodges.     That...
See trumptman's post below. I don't know what it is with you...it always comes down to you knowing more than someone else, doesn't it? I certainly didn't mean to imply that marriage was exclusively religious, nor did I make any claims about its origin. I'm saying it's a primarily religious institution, one that goes back thousand of years. Even if you want to quibble with that by pointing out other forms of historical marriage, other purposes, etc, the primary argument...
OK, BR.  You're out of the box.  How long you remain out is up to you.  I confess, I just had to see what you posted on the SCOTUS decision.    First, let me say this:  Screw the false dilemma.  There are many people who support same sex marriage, and many who oppose.  Most of the latter (at least the ones I've read) don't harbor animus towards gays.  They oppose same sex marriage for a variety of reasons, often rooted in their faiths.  It's not a question of society...
Not really.  The problem appears to be with iCloud Library.  
Well, you convinced me.  I turned off TRIM a few moments ago.  One reason was that I was still getting occasional hangs...that added to your points about it not affecting performance given my usage and age of the drive, and it's not worth the risk.  As you note, if I have an affected drive, data loss WILL occur.  Not worth it.