or Connect

Posts by SDW2001

It got burned into people's awareness because it all happened.  It had nothing to do with the right.             Yes, I do.  I do because many of them were ratty, unkempt folks illegally camped in a park, as you put it.  These kinds of people aren't even aware that they are cutting off their noses to spite their faces.            So they wanted...what, exactly?  How does one hold these entities "responsible?" Jail time?  Massive fines...distributed...
  Are you claiming that Romney's Olympics comments were tantamount to "criticizing an ally?"  I find it hard to believe you actually think that.  
muppetry:            I understand the distinction, but I'm not so sure it's accurate or entirely accurate.  While it seems unlikely that it's all the same people, I'd bet that most people that don't pay taxes won't support Romney.  The two exceptions might be those who get SS and pay no taxes (living entirely on it), and those on some sort of veterans' or disability benefits.  However, I'd bet that the vast majority of that 47% are people who, because of deductions and...
I used maps today for some navigation.  While I initially liked the app, the accuracy was piss poor.  I used it to try and find a Wal-Mart.  Yeah, it lead me on a wild goose chase, telling me to turn where I merely had to bend to the right or left.  The Wal-Mart was not there.  Fortunately the second one was.  There were also a few turns that didn't exist in reality ("turn on X in 1.9 miles" and yet there was no turn despite it being shown on the map at the current...
  1.  We could not "effectively" defend this country with 80% less money for the military.  What we could do is maintain a very minimal force that could only really be used for defending the continental U.S., if that.  We could afford probably one or two carrier battlegroups, a 50 ship Navy, a few hundred aircraft and maybe 100,000 ground forces total.  We would not be able to project power anywhere.  If we or one of our allies were attacked, we'd have no real way to...
Dick Morris explains why Obama is in trouble, and why Romney is actually winning.  
The Google YouTube app is better anyway. A little different, but better.
  A pass...for what?  What he said was accurate.  47% of people don't pay taxes.  People that don't pay taxes are not interested in tax cuts.  You can't possibly believe that Romney meant that all of those people are moochers.  
          You feel the above is just disagreement?  You're clearly implying that my position is unreasonable.   You're now claiming it's just mere disagreement?  
  Is there a point there?  By the way, he didn't give significantly less in 2011.  He limited his deductions, which resulted in slightly higher taxes.   He still gave something like $4,000,000.  It's an incredible percentage of his income. And his tax rate?  It's several points higher than mine.         Cutting the military by 80% is 100% insane.   We don't need to "end" the drug war...we need to change the way we fight it.  Decriminalizing use would be a start....