or Connect

Posts by dshan

Surely the best warning label is simply photos of people wearing Glass? Should put any sane person off. I'm amazed that Google seem so determined to continue with a project that to most people is so obviously doomed. Ugly, expensive, publically reviled and provides no practical benefit to the user, and yet they continue to push it like it's actually going to go on sale one day... It seems to have an internal momentum that cannot be stopped no matter what the beta testers...
Atom-sized displays! How are my aging eyes supposed to read them! I have enough trouble already with the rotten iOS 7 font and white text...
I guess this is as legal as Apple (and every other WP software maker on earth) reverse-engineering Word's .doc document format for their products. Unlike .docx MS never published the specs for .doc, it was a purely proprietary file format that had to be reverse-engineered by competitors if they wanted to stay in business. At the end of the day as long as MS can prove they did a completely clean reverse-engineering job (no ex-Apple employees, internals documentation or...
Yeah, I wonder what those 12 people who got Xmas Surfaces from Oprah are feeling now, have they figured out what they did to offend her? Have they forgiven her?
Those cheapskate markets are getting pretty crowded Lenovo! Down there you'll find HTC (having recently given up on trying to break into the premium end of the market with the HTC One), Huwaei, Samsung of course (they compete in every market), Microsoft/Nokia, Blackberry (almost certainly that's where Chen will end up, even if he doesn't know it yet), and many, many others. Razor thin margins down there Lenovo, just like the PC market...
John B., It's still 6.0.
I installed the original v6.0 on my ATV2 over the w/e with no issues (aside from the unusually long installation process, I guess it's a major update). I just checked again and sure enough it had a new update for the new version of 6.0 to install. That also installed with no issues, I presume the build number has changed but I forgot to record the previous one so I can't verify that. Second v6.0 update was also much faster download and install, it's only a minor...
I'm shocked, shocked I say to learn that the Surface Pro isn't selling! When the Surface RT sat on store shelves they said it was because it didn't come with "full Windows" and cost too much. I thought it was actually because Microsoft's vaunted Metro/Modern UI is in fact not nearly as good as the fawning tech press claimed, that being "different" is not the same thing as being better. Given that the new UI was part of "real Windows" too I suspected that we would...
Larry would have to be one of the tech world's experts on making "evil" decisions! Ask anyone who's encountered his company before, ask the Open Office guys, the former Sun employees who came across to Oracle, any company that has ever dealt with his company in virtually any capacity, but most importantly ask his company's customers! They know evil. The court decision in Oracle vs Sun and Java was right and if it is overturned on appeal then the whole industry will be in...
Another problem for Apple introducing an iPhone with a larger display is how much would it increase their sales vs how much it would cost (both in direct costs to Apple and costs to app developers having to cope with yet another screen size). Everyone talks about the "notable success" of larger screened Android phones, but their success is largely only "notable" compared to most other models of Android phones and still only really applies to Samsung handsets, compared to...