or Connect

Posts by dshan

No, in fact I think the biggest threat to the Apple Watch in the luxury watch market will be if they don't price it high enough. The luxury market the gold models appear to be aiming for is totally fine with absurdly expensive timepieces and accessories, it's a mark of seriousness and the very public advertising of the owner's wealth that they crave.   The gold Apple Watch is for the Chinese billionaires, the Russian oligarchs and the Saudi oil sheiks who buy their wives...
I don't think the gold Apple Watches will cost "as much as $5,000", it's more likely they will *start* at around $5,000. Solid gold watches cost a bomb, the gold Apple Watch is solid 18K gold, it's going to cost a fortune, and likely be sold in elite jewler's and premium boutiques as well as Apple stores . But it will still be very price-competitive in a high-end fashion and collector's watch market that is relaxed about watches that cost anywhere from $10,000 -...
In a quiet corner somewhere the shade of Archimedes is sobbing quietly to himself, for he can now see that he lived in vain.
Surely the best warning label is simply photos of people wearing Glass? Should put any sane person off. I'm amazed that Google seem so determined to continue with a project that to most people is so obviously doomed. Ugly, expensive, publically reviled and provides no practical benefit to the user, and yet they continue to push it like it's actually going to go on sale one day... It seems to have an internal momentum that cannot be stopped no matter what the beta testers...
Atom-sized displays! How are my aging eyes supposed to read them! I have enough trouble already with the rotten iOS 7 font and white text...
I guess this is as legal as Apple (and every other WP software maker on earth) reverse-engineering Word's .doc document format for their products. Unlike .docx MS never published the specs for .doc, it was a purely proprietary file format that had to be reverse-engineered by competitors if they wanted to stay in business. At the end of the day as long as MS can prove they did a completely clean reverse-engineering job (no ex-Apple employees, internals documentation or...
Yeah, I wonder what those 12 people who got Xmas Surfaces from Oprah are feeling now, have they figured out what they did to offend her? Have they forgiven her?
Those cheapskate markets are getting pretty crowded Lenovo! Down there you'll find HTC (having recently given up on trying to break into the premium end of the market with the HTC One), Huwaei, Samsung of course (they compete in every market), Microsoft/Nokia, Blackberry (almost certainly that's where Chen will end up, even if he doesn't know it yet), and many, many others. Razor thin margins down there Lenovo, just like the PC market...
John B., It's still 6.0.
I installed the original v6.0 on my ATV2 over the w/e with no issues (aside from the unusually long installation process, I guess it's a major update). I just checked again and sure enough it had a new update for the new version of 6.0 to install. That also installed with no issues, I presume the build number has changed but I forgot to record the previous one so I can't verify that. Second v6.0 update was also much faster download and install, it's only a minor...