or Connect

Posts by dshan

Who'd want to run that piece of junk on the watch? Why doesn't he do something useful and get 8.x or 9.x running? They were actually both useful and quite stable versions of the Classic MacOS. 7.1 and it's .x siblings was a mess, upgrades were almost always broken and it was clear Apple was in trouble based just on it's OS quality. When Jobs returned and put a rocket up the OS group with 8.x and 9.x things improved dramatically, much better stability (flawless upgrades...
Oh joy, oh rapture, oh happy days! This is one of the killer features for mobile Safari I've been waiting years for. The browsing experience using mobile Safari is totally ruined by all the damn ads on so many websites compared to my adblocked desktop Safari and Firefox. Many sites are almost unusable, let alone readable, thanks to all the ads, they're also hard to navigate given that almost anywhere you touch to scroll may trigger an ad, it's totally out of control and...
Trust me, when you're using the watch you don't give a rat's about it's processor specs, just like any other device. Of course the 2nd gen model will be faster and better, they always are! But if you can benefit from the current model then why wait for the next model (which will in turn be put out to pasture by the 3rd gen model a year or so later).
Ah yes, one of those notoriously down-market Apple stores. Typical big-box retailer. Good God man, next they'll want to open a Walmart on the Upper East Side! Thin edge of the wedge and all that...
It will be good if they release this before Sep, but I still say Touch ID is easily worth the extra $100 for the mini 3. It's simply the best and most useful feature Apple have released in ages. Once you've been Touched you can't go back!
It's the old "until the worst regimes in the world stop [something] why should we?" argument. American exceptionalism is suddenly forgotten, suddenly America is just a follower rather than a leader. Someone had to be the first to outlaw slavery (and it sure wasn't the USA), someone had to be the first to allow women to vote (ditto); if we'd all waited for everyone else to do those things before doing them ourselves nothing would have changed, ever. Sure, people can call...
I've been using 10.10 since day one on a 2010 MacBook Pro and an 2008 iMac and I cannot comprehend the complaints. I've had only one real issue with it (fixed in 10.10.1) and that was more an irritant than a showstopper. I wouldn't go back to earlier versions for money. The main issue with 10.10 seems to be WiFi connectivity. Most complaints seem to involve 3rd party routers from what I've seen, there may well be genuine issues here (Apple keep asking 10.10.3 testers to...
No, in fact I think the biggest threat to the Apple Watch in the luxury watch market will be if they don't price it high enough. The luxury market the gold models appear to be aiming for is totally fine with absurdly expensive timepieces and accessories, it's a mark of seriousness and the very public advertising of the owner's wealth that they crave.   The gold Apple Watch is for the Chinese billionaires, the Russian oligarchs and the Saudi oil sheiks who buy their wives...
I don't think the gold Apple Watches will cost "as much as $5,000", it's more likely they will *start* at around $5,000. Solid gold watches cost a bomb, the gold Apple Watch is solid 18K gold, it's going to cost a fortune, and likely be sold in elite jewler's and premium boutiques as well as Apple stores . But it will still be very price-competitive in a high-end fashion and collector's watch market that is relaxed about watches that cost anywhere from $10,000 -...
In a quiet corner somewhere the shade of Archimedes is sobbing quietly to himself, for he can now see that he lived in vain.