or Connect

Posts by tadd

You may have lost the thread here.  I was suggesting that the reason I did not pre-order a watch while or after the demo was that I needed to know some important details that the demo-er didn't know.  So I went home (to use the Internet) instead of pre-ordering it at the point of demonstration.  
How does a person send an idea to the Apple team?  
 There were some important details, like how much was the Milanese band when bought for the Sport watch, etc..
I might have pre-ordered a watch after the scheduled try-on but they would only allow pre-orders on-line so at the end of the demo my wife and I went home.  At the try-on, they did not know the complete set of prices.  They had to go into the menus on an iphone-like-device to find out.  That was pretty tedious.     I had some questions that the Apple sales people couldn't answer: 1. will there be aftermarket bands for the watch?  Is that something Apple is prohibiting...
I really think they've gone back in time.  I remember Steve glowingly showing off the 3d toolbar and how the icons were reflected and how translucency was so beautiful.  I agreed with him then and I agree with him now.  The Yosemite desktop looks like something that would have been invented for a science fiction movie in the 70s before ray tracing and such.  This is tragic.  The OS8 color icons were prettier.     What I'm looking for now is for 3rd party companies to...
so how does the camera compare with the iphone 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5s ??
I was there in Durham NC on Saturday.  The article is wrong in at least one point They had up to 80 visitors wearing Glass at the same time in the room, not just one.  They never demoed the tilt-the-head trick to me.  Afterwards I was told you could turn your head to see menus but I didn't see that either,   There were several things that bugged me about the demo. 1. The bandwidth from the Glass to the Internet was so pathetic (and mismanaged) that most things didn't...
 emphasis mine.  This guy is NOT a fan of the subway.  Check. 
From what I could find on appleinsider, the adoption rate for android 4.3 is more than 10000 times slower than iOS 7. I wish I could find the adoption rate article . It was in the past 12 days or so as I recallThis site shows adoption of 4.1 and 4.2 which is pathetic enough, but it doesn't even mention 4.3: http://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html
"decrease in reception strength of about -20 dBm, " This is sloppy and the author can't be right. The sentence may also be a double negative. 20dB is a horrific reduction in signal. They can't have meant that. -20dB IS a reduction. decreasing by -20dB means increasing. -20 dBm (note the m) is an absolute measurement, not a delta. The sentence is like saying reducing by sea-level when they meant reducing TO sea-level. The correct wording might have been "decrease in...