or Connect

Posts by poke

Samsung is already pushing its stylus on the Galaxy Note, maybe they'll go stylus-only so they can avoid agreeing to the anti-cloning terms Apple asks for.
Apple just needs to start charging itself 4 times as much for its processors and it can beat Qualcomm!
I suspect Apple restricts the kind of offers its partners can give on its flagship phone, whereas it does not on the 5c, and that's why we're seeing more offers.
People forget what Apple events were like pre-iPhone. Overlong business updates, tedious demonstrations of iLife and iWork (Jobs would rotate an image and everyone would cheer), incremental Mac and iPod updates. Macs had the same design for years. Many years would pass between OS X updates that had fewer changes than the yearly updates we get now. Every time we thought we were going to get a phone, we got a Boombox or a sock to put our iPod in instead. There were a lot of...
A convertible is a laptop that turns into a tablet, those are just cases. Maybe Apple will make a keyboard for the iPad someday, but I doubt it. And if they ever make a convertible, they've lost their way.
I can believe a bigger, more powerful iPad is coming, but don't believe it'll be convertible.
I'm familiar with Chinese history. Just not sure why anybody would think manufacturing could be moved to Taiwan. Taiwanese companies generally manufacture on the mainland.As for the lack of an official store. Apple sells in Taiwan, there are authorised sellers there, they work with Taiwanese companies and they're setting up an R&D facility there. I doubt the absence of a retail store has anything to do with politics. It's most likely because Taiwan is relatively small.
You do realise Foxconn, Apple's main manufacturer, is Taiwanese, right?
You'd think the Chinese government would just take one look at the US, see how well it works politically and immediately adopt its values. It's astonishing that they've chosen to go their own way.
Looks like HTC's plan to move up market and compete directly with the iPhone is working out great for them.