or Connect

Posts by poke

I actually like this idea that the number of countries you launch in makes your sales figures suspect. So, since Samsung routinely launches in 3 times as many countries simultaneously as Apple, we need to divide all its launch numbers by 3 to make things fair. And since Samsung sells phones in twice as many regions as Apple, we should cut its overall sales figures in half. Fair is fair.
Maybe the rumour about Apple pursuing the A15 was actually due to disinformation being directed at Samsung. Apple knew that if Samsung thought they were working on an A15-based chip, then Samsung's next chip would be A15-based. They then quietly worked on the new 64 bit A7 with TSMC. Samsung went with bad technology because they thought it was part of Apple's roadmap. All Apple would really have to do is go to Samsung and say, "Hey, this is our reference design for our...
"Tim" has been clearly made to look like Steve Jobs and not just regular Steve Jobs, but Jobs after severe weight loss. Classy.
"if the company wants to really differentiate its smartphones from the competition and reignite investor interest"   The day Apple makes either of those things a priority is the day to sell AAPL.
I think Scott Forstall would actually be perfect for the job.    He'd fit into Microsoft's culture perfectly and is probably the only man in the world who has a genuine motive for taking it on and getting it right (revenge).
Glasses? There are big red squares marking the differences.
Two thoughts:   1. I think you really hit the nail on the head with the importance of motion in iOS 7. I have reservations about some aspects of the design, but where it really shines is the way the animation conveys the logic of the way different screens are related to one another. I think that's really what Jony Ive was going for and everything else (including the flatter design) is in service of that. Contrast with WP7, where they've tried to copy print design and...
I think this is just a replacement for the 4S that has a 4 inch display and a lightning connector. The line-up will be this/5/5S instead of 4S/5/5S. It's so they can use the same displays and have everything on the lightning connector, nothing else.
My main problem with iOS 7 is that it introduces a lot of ambiguity into the UI - it's not as clear how you're supposed to interact with it - and it does it solely for reasons of style. That, to me, is a huge step backwards. I think much of the skeuomorphism had to go because it was unnecessary, and also to make the UI framework more flexible so they can explore new functionality, but I think they went too far. Somewhere between aping print design and over-the-top...