or Connect

Posts by poke

The ergonomic issue is true of vertical screens but is obvious nonsense when it comes to horizontal screens. Working on a horizontal surface is how we worked for hundreds of years before the advent of computers. If it was a very large surface you'd need to be able to rest your hands on it and move your work area around, it would also likely be at a comfortable angle rather than completely horizontal, but those issues are easily solved. There's nothing to stop you having...
I feel the same way. Multitouch renders indirect control obsolete. This is especially obvious when you consider that you can implement indirect control (such as a trackpad) in multitouch. Multitouch is perfectly suited for Apple's pro apps, since they're all essentially decks of controls. Precision control can be solved in a multitouch UI in many different ways. Apple could have released a large, horizontally placed multitouch screen for the Mac for this kind of thing. I...
This article is incredibly short on reasoning. I don't remember anyone saying Apple should dumped PCs and focus on "the post-PC era" before the iPhone, but even if they did, that in no way invalidates suggesting that they should do it now that mobile is a growing industry and PCs are a declining one. The two things would be completely different scenarios. "People have said this before" is not an argument.   At the very least, they need an exit strategy. It would be...

I actually like this idea that the number of countries you launch in makes your sales figures suspect. So, since Samsung routinely launches in 3 times as many countries simultaneously as Apple, we need to divide all its launch numbers by 3 to make things fair. And since Samsung sells phones in twice as many regions as Apple, we should cut its overall sales figures in half. Fair is fair.
Maybe the rumour about Apple pursuing the A15 was actually due to disinformation being directed at Samsung. Apple knew that if Samsung thought they were working on an A15-based chip, then Samsung's next chip would be A15-based. They then quietly worked on the new 64 bit A7 with TSMC. Samsung went with bad technology because they thought it was part of Apple's roadmap. All Apple would really have to do is go to Samsung and say, "Hey, this is our reference design for our...
"Tim" has been clearly made to look like Steve Jobs and not just regular Steve Jobs, but Jobs after severe weight loss. Classy.
"if the company wants to really differentiate its smartphones from the competition and reignite investor interest"   The day Apple makes either of those things a priority is the day to sell AAPL.
I think Scott Forstall would actually be perfect for the job.    He'd fit into Microsoft's culture perfectly and is probably the only man in the world who has a genuine motive for taking it on and getting it right (revenge).
Glasses? There are big red squares marking the differences.