or Connect

Posts by poke

It's the first time I've seen consumerism posited as a precursor to Naziism too.
This seems like a good time to restate my prediction that Apple is going to make iOS apps run on Lion. "Mac" will become a new device idiom that you can target along with "iPad" and "iPhone." The app will then display a Mac-optimised UI (designed for mouse/trackpad operation). Developers will be able to create x86/ARM universal binaries (although I think they'd have to make it so the App Store only downloaded the part of the package relevant for the device - so the Mac...
2.2 million is a lot of smart phones. Hard to sell that many without impacting Android sales.
Somebody else has access to the iOS code?
I've seen this phone mentioned too. It's worth tracking down some footage on YouTube to see just how far from the iPhone it was. I'm sure they were working on it long before the iPhone debuted. It shows very few signs of being inspired by the iPhone. The same goes for the Prada phone, which anticipated none of the iPhone's UI elements, although it was first to the market with a capacitive touchscreen. I'm sure LG gave up on the "Apple copied us" idea shortly after using an...
It's true that there are many ridiculous patents, especially in software, but it's equally true that in this case one company (Apple) single-handedly introduced an extremely innovative product in the mobile space and another company (Google) blatantly copied them and then released that software to other companies (Samsung, HTC, et al) in a way that has made them liable for any patent infringements. It's easy to say, in retrospect, that Apple's innovations were "obvious",...
This would make me believe all the rumours about the iPhone 5 coming in September or later.
If you add 7 million iPads to Apple's numbers it looks roughly like this:Apple 36%HP 19%Dell 16%Toshiba 7%Acer 6%Other 16%Not bad.EDIT: Duh. Stupidly added international iPad figures to US sales. Disregard.
I doubt they'll sell it in the US. There are many markets where prepaid phones dominate. Not just developing countries but in some European countries prepaid phones are more popular than contracts. Apple needs to a lower cost phone to compete in those markets. In the US the prepaid market is much smaller so it's not a priority.
From what they say on the video either FCP is on the iPad or it can use the iPad in some way. They're talking about FCP having multitouch interaction. I guess we'll find out soon enough.