or Connect

Posts by poke

I can only really see this being an accessory. There have been hints that Apple is working on a comprehensive system for monitoring aspects of health and sports, so maybe they have something like the Nike fuelband in the works.
  How many people purchasing smartphones do you think are even aware of the lawsuit? I'd guess it's less than 1%.
  What I mean is the "thermonuclear" quote makes it seem as if Apple has to "destroy Android" in order to win. There have been many articles claiming Apple isn't winning because you can still buy Samsung phones. It's nonsense and the "thermonuclear" quote plays into it. There's no evidence that Apple sued Samsung because Steve Jobs threw a tantrum one day when Isaacson was interviewing him (and given the general quality of Isaacson's book I'm not even sure that happened...
I wish people would stop repeating the "thermonuclear" thing. The whole narrative around the lawsuits has been based on this one angry comment attributed to Steve Jobs in Isaacson's biography. We know from the lawsuits that Apple's goal was licensing with a no-cloning clause. That's what they gave Microsoft prior to the lawsuits. That's what they offered Samsung before suing them. That's what they got HTC to agree to in a settlement. They sued to get the licensing terms...
  We know from court filings that sales have usually been higher than total activations.   https://twitter.com/asymco/status/294739213839130624
The platform numbers are impossibly low for Apple given what Verizon and AT&T reported.
Apple always has a press release for major iOS updates. When the release is tied to a product, it gets rolled into the product press release, but when they release a new one alone it gets its own press release. Obviously 6, 5.1 and 5 were tied to products. So the last one was 4.3:   http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2011/03/02Apple-Introduces-iOS-4-3.html   The only interesting aspect of 6.1 was it had so few new features. Maybe it'd didn't seem worthy of a press...
I don't see how this can be connected to Apple at all. Everybody is suing everybody.
Apple is selling not hardware or software but a platform. This is something analysts are ignoring. When you look at things from the perspective of platforms, there are some obvious things to look for:   1. What is and isn't part of a given platform. Analyst bundle different types of Android together. But really there's Google's Android, Amazon's Android, and various Chinese flavours of Android. They need to distinguish between platforms. Analysts have been grossly...
  That means we're going to see the dreaded margin compression the analysts are claiming justifies the current stock price.