or Connect

Posts by poke

The only reason to do this is if he thinks of Jobs as primarily a showman. That's a common misconception.
It's always a positive sign when the guy in charge of your recently released major new product leaves immediately afterwards!   The market will probably respond to this by knocking another 5% off Apple's stock.
  Honestly, I think those big, ostentatious mansions are more of a pain in the ass than anything. There's a great book "Richistan" on the lives of the rich and once you have a certain size house, you need a full-time staff, you need gardeners, maids, maintenance, security, etc, you need a house manager to manage all the staff, and a lot of these guys have more staff than they do family living in their houses. They start to regret it because it just makes life more...
  There are very few people at Jobs's level of wealth who don't have a laundry room and a live-in maid. Most of these guys have multiple live-in staff, a house manager, etc. I doubt you'd see laundry strewn about in Gates's or Ellison's giant mansions. Jobs lived very simply for a multibillionaire.
I think it's more likely the laptop form factor will cease to exist.
The problem with the ruling is that it goes beyond what was at issue. There's no question that Samsung copied Apple. That they did is clear for anyone to see. The legal issue of whether Apple could demonstrate that Samsung infringed on its intellectual property is separate. Legal decisions don't dictate reality. Asking Apple to apologise is ridiculous. Samsung copied Apple. End of story. Google copied Apple. The products would not and could not exist if the iPhone and...
I just want to hear Ive say that Windows Phone is absolutely the worst UI he has ever seen. That would be reassuring.
I'm kind of hoping there's more to this. There was a rumour some time ago that Ive was angry with Jobs because Jobs failed to acknowledge Ive's contribution to iPhone. Supposedly the whole touch device thing started as a project in Ive's lab (there's something about this in Isaacson's book too). What I'm wondering is whether Ive actually has a particular vision of where to take iOS and Forstall was opposed to it, preferring something more conservative, and that was the...
I think the reason for this is hiding in plain sight. iOS and OS X are being integrated. There can only be one guy in charge of OS development and they chose Federighi over Forstall. There will still be two different operating systems for consumers but they'll share much more code, be developed in tandem by the same team and will be a single platform as far as developers are concerned.
I think this is the most significant iMac since the original. The original iMac was a computer people wanted because it looked great. This is the first flat panel iMac that really has the same aesthetic impact in my opinion. Up until now they were merely functional. I want one.