or Connect

Posts by ronstark

Thisi s mondo sad, folks. What we are seeing is the extremely limited capability of the instrument itself. And, there is nothing the instrument does that the iPhone doesn't do way better because of size, visibility, and all the other reasons we all know too well. I think what we are seeing is "the King's new clothes" all over again. Indeed the battery usage will diminish according to usage but I honestly cannot see playing a game on a wrist-based instrument. AND, how...
Besides this being not a major product but a major product accessory, Apple is working overtime and beyond all imagination to convince us, the potential buyers, that the Apple Watch is a necessary accessory. indestructibility, fashionable...gee, I am feeling that only Superman needs the Apple Watch. Are we all celbrities because we have one? And are we top talent if we have at least two or more bands? Nothing the Apple Watch does do we need if we have an iPhone! Just...
I understand how you feel. It IS kind of rediculous when another celeb is signed to endorse and wear a company's product(s). But it IS also important to note that while we don't know what amount the talent is being paid, (BTW...its not always money but resort stays in an exclusive villa, travel, other products, etc.) it shows that the company, in the case Apple, is spending like never beforeto insure the success of the Apple Watch. Personally, it seems kind of silly for...
Apple Cheese. Yummie.Apple wants everyone to eat only their cheese. How much cheese does it take before we gag?
Wow, the frustration level of controlling the amount, volume, and intensity of the tech delivered by an Apple Watch must be great enough to require instruction. As we see the rollout progress it would appear that Apple may have concerns about users wearing the Watch sporadically rather than all the time.. It would seem that simply controlling the device is an art not easily grasped. The Apple Watch, CNET's reviewer said, "requires a lot of attention". Interesting.
This isn't a "new" approach for the rest of the world! Small manufacturers often make a prototype to demonstrate feasibility to potential customers. This is done on Kickstart all the time. They take orders and know exactly what their production run will be. The Apple Watch is not a toy. It's a unique accessory requiring the iPhone user to commit to completely. It's going to have to prove its need in the field unlike the iPhone which was preceded by many phones before it....
You are absolutely correct. Its not a watch and it's not an iPhone/ computer. It's an accessory! Without the iPhone the watch is a watch. Period.But the iPhone will remain all that it is! I was there for the first iPhone too. It performed as a communications device exceptionally. The AW now performs 3 of 10 functions with the rest "coming soon ". Reviewers got two bands. One for dress and one for exercise. Hmmm. That's interesting. Remember that we all stopped wearing...
I believe that everyone would like to have an Apple Watch. But...wait! We all had watches and tossed them off our wrists when the iPhone came along. The buckles bit in to our wrist when typing, we sweated through leather bands, the bezel of the watch, if we wore it to work, began to look, like the glasses most of us wear, nicked and dinged. Jewelry store are now full of fantastically working Rolex used watches. Watches that work for decades and can be passed on to...
Too cool. An $800 phone, $500 watch/phone accessory, $1200+ a year for carrier service and a few more bucks for apps and in-app purchases to say nothing of AppleCare contracts, etc. brilliant! Guess I'll need more than a paper route!
We are being pandered to as would a flock of lemmings! (I am completely aware lemmings do not travel in flocks, btw) Wouldn't we all wear our Apple watch if given one? Certainly. You can't yet buy one. It would have been way better to give one to Pharell and ask him to wait to wear it in public AFTER to release of the product giving everyone the thought he bought one himself. But with his wearing it now tells us it was a gift "seeded" to a trendy celeb. Look for Taylor...