or Connect

Posts by ronstark

There are some pretty sophisticated ventilation systems out there. Take Norstrom for example. Their stores have a special fragrance that is used throughout the store in order to keep the shopping experience pleasant.    Apple stores I believe, do not have such a system. Supermarkets keep their temperature low to keep the packaging odors from being noticed. Its not the food but the various types of plastics that have an unctuous odor. People too have various odors, clean...
All the stores I've been in smell from sneakers, BO, dirty hair, bad breath, and .... People are jammed in to the stores with the door a the far end I've been remarking on this issue for years!
One might think that a nice and svelt little machine as this would come with a universal cable that would patch to the chassis in order to avoid what I call the "porcupine cable syndrome", that is; cables plugged in sticking out straight like a porcupine's quills. Makes the machine appear as though it's on life support! I imagine a third party could tool a nice dock or splitter cable/breakout cable but if we are moving in to the future why not a closed circuit/close prox...
As I see it it's not the product but functions it delivers. Keep in mind the Star Trek model. No one wore jewelry of any kind! And they certainly didn't need an iPhone! Perhaps something to think about.
Oh great! Another case. Between this, a Mophie and the shell I need to use lenses I'd be turning blue taking them on and off several times daily. Time to get a few more iPhones!
What boring news. All variations (not innovations) on a theme. Where's the hand-held "tricorder"? The diagnostic wifi wrist band for patients in hospital? The low cost GPS for hikers and kids so anyone can locate them? Yup, good stuff but boring.
Clever idea, really, but not too well thought out. Needs a battery extender and input extender as well as sound enhancement engineering. It's a one trick pony not considering the multi-enhancement model in order to attract different vertical groups! If this product survives being vetted the developer may just get there with the right engineer. Too bad the form factor change won't stay the same for the next model
Great idea. Someone needs to teach etiquette. But Contacts can't even pick up and fill in location or city from previously entered data. Duh! Fix and improve what's there now?
OMG do we miss SJ or what? Fab analysis and well written. We are lucky to have such journalism.
Steve Jobs said the phone would meet the tablet. One hand operation isn't going to restrict size as voice operation tech gets better and stops relying on Internet connection AND people get better at dictation. The gyros in the phones will become better at recognizing various types of shakes making signaling easier/more reliable. Bigger size? Yup, we're all waiting, Tim.